Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

it's not a major bug, check 1:08

aerobatic routines are made by exasperated manoeuvres normally, but you can easily get a controlled spin going with a high performance aerobatic aeroplane. I can't tell from the video whether you had any throttle in, but if you did then it's quite plausible cos you're keeping the rudder in a strong slipstream, if not then yes, that's a bit of a bug. The sink rate is probably a bit too generous (the stall speed for these beasties is around 57kts), but bear in mind that you have quite a generous symmetrical profile wing surface and control surfaces and rudders in particular are VERY efficient in this family of aerobatic aircraft. The Su-26 can really hang from the propeller and hover there, so yes, extreme aerobatics are achievable.

I haven't tried the new plane yet, but I'd be more concerned about stuff torque effects and gyroscopic precession. Do you have any of that?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:22 PM
Approved Member

From 1:30 the Su-26 is hanging by the prop:

The Su-26 is a crazy plane, and even though it looks a bit wrong in the original poster's vid I think that when you reach these extremes of flight any sim is struggling to completely faithfully model the reality of flight "at the edge of the envelope". It would take a Cray supercomputer (probably churning through data for a night and not rendering in real-time) to totally correctly model the ultra-chaotic Mandelbrot world of aerodynamics...
Old 10-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

This is why ntil now they didnt release Su26. It is unserious FM.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

My Su-26 can do amazing things in CloD!!!

Old 10-02-2012, 09:29 PM
Approved Member

BTW I saw the Su-26 myself at Le Bourget in the early 00's and couldn't believe it when it hung by the prop for more than a minute like a helicopter, with no loss of alt.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:31 PM
Approved Member

I saw same in Toronto with a P 51 pilot. Zoom climb, hang there forever. Awesum. In Cliffs of Dover u can also do it in the Stuka.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

must have been a modded P-51 then?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:35 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freycinet View Post
must have been a modded P-51 then?
No, he came down from alt with huge momentum, zoomed up, hung like grapes on a vine, fell off onto one wing, no spin, perfect recovery.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

Wait a minute this is very easy to explain. You see in soviet russia we already have this technology. It's called rudder vectoring.

Heh I was messing around with this last night and was doing the same thing. I wish I could do that in the fighter. That would be awesome!
Old 10-02-2012, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Doc View Post
Wait a minute this is very easy to explain. You see in soviet russia we already have this technology. It's called rudder vectoring.

Heh I was messing around with this last night and was doing the same thing. I wish I could do that in the fighter. That would be awesome!
Doc, are you sure your not talking about thrust vectoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.