Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 09-28-2012, 08:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Capwn View Post
Cannot get the game to launch, this is the first patch of any kind that I've had this issue. The yellow ClOD icon pops up, but then goes to a black screen and never comes out of it, have to hit alt->ctrl->del and then it says the launcher.exe failed.

Did the standard validate steam files -> clear cache -> apply patch but no luck. Even tried doing a full reinstall of ClOD with still no luck.

Running what is in my sig and latest AMD Catalyst 12.8 WHQL drivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATAG_Septic View Post
I have a similar problem, I get the reticule icon for a second then it disappears, no game running so I don't have to CTRL-ALT-DEL, also first time this has happened to me with a patch.
Had the same issus. When I disabled my SLI i Nvidia controlpanel I was able to Launch the game. So If you have SLI disable it.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

Cannot start game after re-downloading complete CoD verifying files tried everything.

I get the orange gunsight and desktop back ground.

And thats all.
Old 09-28-2012, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
Cannot start game after re-downloading complete CoD verifying files tried everything.

I get the orange gunsight and desktop back ground.

And thats all.
I've read around that you have to disable SLI globally.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:05 PM
Approved Member

Bug: Hurricane engine temps too cold for engine start up.

Hurricane MkI 100 Oct: oil temp starts at around 16'C (although one trial oil was 12'C on spawn), engine wont start until 20-21'C. Method for starting engine was spamming ignition until temps reached 20-21'C oil, 40'C water. Radiator was closed; mixture auto rich; prop 100% (tried different % but made no difference); throttle 15% (again tried different settings, 15% worked well once temps got to near 20'C as prop would spin for longer).

Also, weird bug on ATAG: a/c sunk through the ground when attempting a take off and was damaged.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:07 PM
Approved Member

Ship "dots" appearing through clouds.
Hatch cable in 109 does not cast shadow. (minor bug)
Old 09-28-2012, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

Unhappy Joystick not working anymore....

My joystick Saiteck X52 don't work anymore under Cliff of Dover since the beta patch.
The trottle work but not the joystick.
I have tested under windows and my joystick is fine and work well.
I've checked tje conf.ini and the joystick is enabled, I've checked the inputs and axis are well defined.

So can't test the awsome improvements of Cliff of Dover thanks to the last beta patch!
Old 09-28-2012, 09:35 PM
Registered Member

Mixture is still reversed in Hurricane Mk1 100oct; I had to move mixture to the forward (auto lean) position to enable a smooth running engine with Boost Cut Out Enabled.

I agree with Bounder ref the low temperatures preventing engine start, once Glycol had reached 45 degrees (ish) from constantly trying to start it, the engine would finally start.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

Thank you devs the hard work, overall a very positive opinion of the people I know (nice new colors, great visibility, smooth gameplay, no 1 fps, etc.), but there are some serious bug (collected from Hungarian forum):

a- Already mentioned, the mixture in the RAF planes. I can't setting before flight, and most of the RAF planes can't start on the ground.

b- (Hubabacsi) He 111 flew without Tail (He lost the elevator and rudder, but he can landed with aileron and throttle only):
(maybe it's important, i was used the R.A.M. gun of the Su26 when these bug appears...)

c- (102.VO_Herr_LacAI) The Hurri can fly and landed after a 109 blew up half of the wing:

d- I notice, hard to land and start from ground with Su-26, because the gear sink into the ground. During landing is causes blow-out the tire.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here

Last edited by VO101_Tom; 09-28-2012 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

In my opinion too much did the intensity of the lighting in the daytime from the lamps lighting in the cabin + lighting from the exhaust.
In the past beta-patch everything was fine during the day, evening and night. In the final best to return as it was, than they are now, but now it is overkill.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (1.16 MB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (828.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (1.18 MB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (411.2 KB, 59 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (428.3 KB, 53 views)
Old 09-28-2012, 10:38 PM
Approved Member

Default mixture control not working on ground start

tested with Spit I, Ia, IIa
tested with all possible/available key- and axis-settings
tested with info-window showing throttle, pitch, rad, and mixture values

air-start: mixture works as expected. Lever moves on key, axis, and mouse click and move. Info window shows correct values.

ground start (engine off): mixture never worked. Lever never moves, info-window value never changes (neither on key, axis, or mouse click and move). Got engine up and running anyhow and flew around for 7 minutes. Mixture never started to work.

Artist

-------------------------------------------------------------