Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-06-2012, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

It seemed that all planes in CLOD have too low maximum service celling. Fighters are stuck about 6700-7400 with steady climb and don't go higher.

It is strange beacuse even in old IL2 planes have much more accurate service celling and there was no problem to reach 10 km in e.x. 109 E-4.

I think 1C should focus much more on these but also in performacne of CLOD planes. They have near most needed RL data and the only thing is if that they want to do it or not before official patch relase. I dont belive that things which was possible to do in old IL2 are not possible to do in CLOD.
Old 10-06-2012, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

Pozdrowienia, Kwiatek

Luthier wrote (at the beginning of this thread):

Quote:
Conducted a huge amount of work correcting and improving aircraft flight models as well as most engine models. All work was based on historical flight test data or flight manuals (Sean, what would we do without you!). Unfortunately our flight model does not allow us to perfectly replicate test results at all ranges of altitude. At altitudes above 8000 m (26,000 ft) most aircraft begin to perform worse than their historical counterparts. Addressing this discrepancy requires a large additional amount of work, and will therefore be done in a future release.
Saying this Blenhein should reach its maximum ceiling in CoD already (almost). I wonder if it does or doesn't. Maybe I do smthg wrong.

Nos 310. & 311. Czechoslovak (virtual) squadrons

Asus P5N-T DELUXE nForce 780i, Core 2 Duo E8400 3.0 GHz, 4GB DDR2 RAM, GeForce 580 GTX 1.5 GB, SSD OCZ Vertex 2 120GB, Windows 7 64bit, Hewlett Packard LP2475w 24"
MS Sidewinder FF, Saitek Pedals, CH Throttle, Home made Trim Box, TrackIR 5

Last edited by 310_cibule; 10-06-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Approved Member

Woo!

I wasn't expecting this, only spot it yesterday.
Works like a sharme. What took you so long?
Many thanks.

Look forward for your next produt.

Regards,

Pedro

Edited: If I were you, I will go on with a system on the same head lines was RoF, payed new planes and senarios, online gaming oriented.

Last edited by PLebre; 10-11-2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:10 PM
Approved Member

Sorry for highjack this topic, but.

If you guys and others like Rof team join efforts it will be like a dream and sucess for all flight simmer. Am I wrong?

Lets see. Using the same standart world/Sim/weather/grafics engine (optimise the resorses and talents). And each team exploring a diferent flying era.

Just my two cents.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 310_cibule View Post
Pozdrowienia, Kwiatek

Luthier wrote (at the beginning of this thread):

Saying this Blenhein should reach its maximum ceiling in CoD already (almost). I wonder if it does or doesn't. Maybe I do smthg wrong.
Most of these don't come close to their maximum service ceilings. They will be addressing this though a fix they implement in the sequel. Which will be applicable to your BoB.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

Waiting at least one year for "probably" more realistic FM and high altitude flying with sequel is really not funny
Old 10-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwiatek View Post
Waiting at least one year for "probably" more realistic FM and high altitude flying with sequel is really not funny
True but if it is only one year I can wait. Less than one year would be great! Even if it was a WIP because the sequal could never be as bad as clod on release.

However with the velociraptor community we have we have proberbly shot ourselves in the foot already... So let the waiting begin!
Old 10-11-2012, 05:02 PM
Approved Member

waiting a year for the sequel is quite optimistic imho... how long did we wait for Cliffs after announced ?