Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-13-2012, 09:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spherehead View Post
Hello
If I understand this correctly, the new BoM will install over CLoD and will address the problems that still plague some CLoD owners. Two months ago I eagerly purchased CLoD and paid full retail (I have a system that meets CLoDs requirements).
Pardon my frustration but I have not been able to fly CLoD more than 3 minutes before the launcher crashes. I have been back and forth with tech help for the last month, tried four re-installs, driver updates, cache validations and and other things, still with no success.
Am I to assume that BoM will make my CLod usable? Am I supposed to pay full retail for a new product because that is the only way I might be able to use a product that I have already paid full retail for?
Whatever is done in BoM that addresses CLoDs launcher issues should be made available as a patch for CLoD owners. If that can't happen, then CLoD owners get BoM free. I have no more reason to assume that this would work than I had that CLoD would work for me so I can hardly be expected to fork over more cash to the same folks that sold me a product that has yet to function for me. :confused
You should read around in this forum, the program works well with the latest patch, be sure to read about how to install that patch ( ie: clear the cache first, etc...).
Crucial M4 256GB SSD, WD Raptor 600 GB hard disk
EVGA GTX580 graphics card
HP ZR24W Monitor 1900 X 1200 24"
Thrustmaster Warthog joystick
Saitek Combat rudder pedals
TrackIr 5
Old 10-13-2012, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hello
If I understand this correctly, the new BoM will install over CLoD and will address the problems that still plague some CLoD owners. Two months ago I eagerly purchased CLoD and paid full retail (I have a system that meets CLoDs requirements).
Pardon my frustration but I have not been able to fly CLoD more than 3 minutes before the launcher crashes. I have been back and forth with tech help for the last month, tried four re-installs, driver updates, cache validations and and other things, still with no success.
Am I to assume that BoM will make my CLod usable? Am I supposed to pay full retail for a new product because that is the only way I might be able to use a product that I have already paid full retail for?
Whatever is done in BoM that addresses CLoDs launcher issues should be made available as a patch for CLoD owners. If that can't happen, then CLoD owners get BoM free. I have no more reason to assume that this would work than I had that CLoD would work for me so I can hardly be expected to fork over more cash to the same folks that sold me a product that has yet to function for me. :confused
The sim is still going thru test patches for the graphic/performance rewrite, and bug fixes which seems to address most people launcher exe problems. So far we've had 3 test patches, the last two being RC 1 and RC2 "release candidates". We aren't sure when the official Steam patch will be released. You can install the latest RC2 test patch to see if it fixes your launcher exe, if you are using WinZip be sure to check "unblock" in the Winzip downloads properties before unzipping the files to your install.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 10-14-2012, 12:40 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Hello
You paid the full price (around 60 bucks) for a 2-year old product, if I understand correctly? I smell something fishy here, because CloD price has dropped miserably since its release. I bought mine for 20 bucks and I heard it is even cheaper now. Did you get a DVD or did you download it from Steam?

CloD is buggy but not that buggy that it crashes every 3 minutes. Countless bugs have been adressed, and I doubt they could be discovered only after 3 minutes of playing. Try to contact the one who sold you the game.

BTW, if your computer barely meets the minimal requirements, do not expect it to be able to run the game. That is the painfull lesson for many of us.
Old 10-14-2012, 01:09 AM
Registered Member

HI Thanks for the reply.
I paid about 30 dollars for it on steam, which is their retail price. Steam claims its not them (and their other games work well for me) and as I said, I have been going back and forth with CLoD technical support for a month. I was never told about the "release candidates" patches by the tech I was dealing with and I am downloading it now to see if that helps.
I have 4 megs ram, a gtx 560 with a gig onboard, aN AMD Athlon X4 630 cpu, saitek evo joystick and I run XP service pack 3
Old 10-14-2012, 06:54 AM
Approved Member

I think you really need Windows 7 as XP et al seem to be a bit problematical. And 8 dosen't work apparently. I recently took a risk and got a copy from someone called micropal who sells them on ebay. It was posted from China and came in a piece of cardboard but with the genuine sticker with activation code attached. It installed ok with automatic online registration enabled and has not had a problem so far although I wont feel entirely out of the woods until the 30 days are up. But for £48.50 postage free for Ultimate I thought it might just be worth it. Buyer beware.

Last edited by flyingblind; 10-14-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: addition
Old 10-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Registered Member

I think he meant that there will be a final patch and then after that there will only be updates to CloD if you buy the sequel.