Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-12-2012, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

Default Thank you so much Luthier, but one more important thing for the final release please!

New fixes are fantastic and very nice to see the team has been listening to the community, especially in regards to the damaged coolant systems and climb performance of red aircraft.

Climb performance of the british fighters to 17,000 feet are now acceptable (I know we have to wait till BOM for the higher altitude remodelling). Top speeds of 109 relative to raf fighters are also fairly acceptable.

B-Beobachtung ammunition is still bugged though!

However, please, if we could only ask one more thing for the final release... could it be correcting of Hurricane handling and turn performance! It is totally shocking, no chance of coming close to out turn the 109, let alone spitfire. Also, it is not friendly to fly at all, with a viscous no-warning stall. Sure it was lazy on roll performance but all these things it was definitely not renown for. This is the reason why there is no one fighting in Hurricanes. We need to see more of these beasts online, working together, pulling hard G's turning under and around, raking 109s from nose to tail with a colossal amount of .303 before he gets the chance to climb up and speed away!

If the current flight model was the case in reality, there wouldn't be a trace of hope my great grandfather of 73 squadron could have downed those multiple 109s...

Just a request of behalf of many here wanting to see the beast that is the Hurricane back in action over the channel, thanks!

Last edited by trademe900; 10-12-2012 at 11:49 PM.
Old 10-13-2012, 01:50 AM
Approved Member

Yes that; and could we please fix it so you can't see ships and land based objects through the cloud. Not only is it an immersion killer, it is distracting and sometimes disturbing to observe a series of dots silhouetted against the cloud that may or may not be enemy aircraft.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Approved Member

Yes luthier thank you very much for outstanding RC2, and I have one 'unimportant thing' for the final release: please give the Spitfires the weathering settings the way it worked before it was changed June last year. Why this would be unacceptable, it's beyond comprehension. I can't believe it would be difficult to do, as I've done it in my own install of 1.10.20332...