Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Sternjaeger

Default About the conduct of in this forum and missed opportunities..

I have conducted a simple experiment this afternoon: I have been under the impression for some time now that the moderators in this forum apply different standards to different forum members, based on a somewhat unclear agenda.

Today I was proven right.

Before mods go and dispose of this topic (because they will do) and ban me, I would like to say that I am talking as a customer that is only expressing a serious concern on the way things are handled here, because I believe that despite the extremely constrictive forum rules, people should still have the right to express their opinion and concerns, this again mainly as customers. It's also a warning to the new people here, which I hope will understand soon the peculiarities of this place.

Now let me explain what I did:

I have started a silly trolling thread that has been locked soon, as you would expect with trolling threads.

I then started one to thank the mod who did lock the thread to prove that they're indeed active and monitoring the forum, and as a result I was called a bully and banned, no questions asked, no chance of defending yourself.

So I have been banned for "inappropriate behaviour", which maybe it was a bit of a stretch, but hey, it's the forum rules.

So can somebody explain me why people like Raaaid, who constantly and relentlessly fills this and other forums with junk (and gets regularly banned everywhere else), who admitted he's a troll, who recently posted a thread telling everybody to f*** off (thread that was promptly removed by who knows who), are still allowed to fill this forum with junk?

There seems to be an agenda of persecuting the dissenting voices, the ones that do not buy into the "it's all fine, let's wait for the patch" propaganda that we've been fed, and which recently crumbled down as per Luthier's admission.

There is nothing left to do in this forum really, we've been told by the leading developer that the current game won't be fixed, that they've moved on and developing new products, but even after that I personally tried it would have been good to keep the positive spirits going and contributed with my modest aviation knowledge or by sharing interesting videos and other contents that are on topic with aviation, but apparently my presence is nowhere near as valuable as the one of someone who's filling this place with troll content.

And by all means go and check the numbers, the statistics, have a look at all the threads started by Raaaid and tell me what you see.

Anyway, I don't think you will see me here anymore, probably because of others' choices, which I think is a true shame, since I enjoyed sharing and learning about common interests related to aviation.

Some of you here know what I do as a hobby, and after several people asked me about it in the last 6 months I pondered to do something even bigger for this community myself (and probably also as a form of apology for having been a pain in some occasions..): after some talks with my shareholders I had planned on arranging three 30 minutes flights in the T-6G Texan that I hold a share of, doing a formation flight with a P-51D Mustang here in the UK. The three flights would have been given in a raffle here in the forum to which everybody could have taken part. A bit ambitious, but fortunately I can afford it, so I thought I'd make a good deed and give someone else a bit of happiness and the silly smile that flying with old aircraft gives me.

It goes without saying that after having seen how some people and moderators behave here, I really don't see why I should share my luck with the self-righteous, arrogant and trolling part of this otherwise very sound and good community. It's a true shame, but I am sure that the self-righteousness of some here is more important than sharing such unique opportunities..

A true failure on all fronts, oh well, enjoy whatever is left here to enjoy...

Blue skies everyone

SJ

Last edited by Sternjaeger; 10-09-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Received Warning
Old 10-09-2012, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Stern, I'll disagree with you and argue with you about many things but I. Can't. Help. Agreeing. With. You....

Phew that was a struggle.

Hood
Old 10-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post

So can somebody explain me why people like Raaaid, who constantly and relentlessly fills this and other forums with junk (and gets regularly banned everywhere else), who admitted he's a troll, who recently posted a thread telling everybody to f*** off (thread that was promptly removed by who knows who), are still allowed to fill this forum with junk?
Raaaid is the forum mascot. Didn't you know?
He can poo in your favourite hat. He won't be thrown out.

He is the soggy mortar that is supporting the solid brick of the forum structure. Without him it would collapse. Well, maybe not, but he's fun.

If you're crazy you can get away with anything. (Not necessarily meaning you Raaaid).

Flying online as Setback.

Last edited by major_setback; 10-09-2012 at 10:19 PM.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Approved Member

I think Raaaid had a few bans, heck look at Tree, you will bounce back too!

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 10-09-2012, 10:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sternjaeger View Post
I have conducted a simple experiment this afternoon: I have been under the impression for some time now that the moderators in this forum apply different standards to different forum members, based on a somewhat unclear agenda.

Today I was proven right.

Before mods go and dispose of this topic (because they will do) and ban me, I would like to say that I am talking as a customer that is only expressing a serious concern on the way things are handled here, because I believe that despite the extremely constrictive forum rules, people should still have the right to express their opinion and concerns, this again mainly as customers. It's also a warning to the new people here, which I hope will understand soon the peculiarities of this place.

Now let me explain what I did:

I have started a silly trolling thread that has been locked soon, as you would expect with trolling threads.

I then started one to thank the mod who did lock the thread to prove that they're indeed active and monitoring the forum, and as a result I was called a bully and banned, no questions asked, no chance of defending yourself.

So I have been banned for "inappropriate behaviour", which maybe it was a bit of a stretch, but hey, it's the forum rules.

There seems to be an agenda of persecuting the dissenting voices, the ones that do not buy into the "it's all fine, let's wait for the patch" propaganda that we've been fed, and which recently crumbled down as per Luthier's admission.

There is nothing left to do in this forum really, we've been told by the leading developer that the current game won't be fixed, that they've moved on and developing new products, but even after that I personally tried it would have been good to keep the positive spirits going and contributed with my modest aviation knowledge or by sharing interesting videos and other contents that are on topic with aviation, but apparently my presence is nowhere near as valuable as the one of someone who's filling this place with troll content.

And by all means go and check the numbers, the statistics, have a look at all the threads started by Raaaid and tell me what you see.

Anyway, I don't think you will see me here anymore, probably because of others' choices, which I think is a true shame, since I enjoyed sharing and learning about common interests related to aviation.

Some of you here know what I do as a hobby, and after several people asked me about it in the last 6 months I pondered to do something even bigger for this community myself (and probably also as a form of apology for having been a pain in some occasions..): after some talks with my shareholders I had planned on arranging three 30 minutes flights in the T-6G Texan that I hold a share of, doing a formation flight with a P-51D Mustang here in the UK. The three flights would have been given in a raffle here in the forum to which everybody could have taken part. A bit ambitious, but fortunately I can afford it, so I thought I'd make a good deed and give someone else a bit of happiness and the silly smile that flying with old aircraft gives me.

It goes without saying that after having seen how some people and moderators behave here, I really don't see why I should share my luck with the self-righteous, arrogant and trolling part of this otherwise very sound and good community. It's a true shame, but I am sure that the self-righteousness of some here is more important than sharing such unique opportunities..

A true failure on all fronts, oh well, enjoy whatever is left here to enjoy...

Blue skies everyone

SJ
Rule 9 - Moderator actions

Really? Your going to go there??? You know the rules and the next time you so blatantly break them expect a long holiday. Our job is hard enough with out dealing with this kind of rubbish. We are not able to catch every single thing that happens in the forums and because there are quite a few "boys who cry wolf" in here reporting posts willy nilly we sometimes overlook stuff. Sometimes we are also all just busy with our real lives and we dont have the time to moderate as closely as we would always like.

Please refrain from public discussion of moderator actions, if you really feel that strongly about something you see, send a PM to all of us rather than making our job harder by breaking the "moderator actions" rule and causing a scene.

Next time someone posts something like this blatantly breaking this rule expect to be banned and the thread deleted with no explanation as we have enough to do around here without pandering to your sense of justice.
Closed Thread