Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

Old 01-14-2012, 11:38 AM
Approved Member

Thats what i already tried ... game crashes on startup
Old 01-14-2012, 12:37 PM
Approved Member

Soo.. first let's try clear russian version. Download 4 parts and install them. The bast way to be sure that you do it right is to extract them to 4 different directories and then manually copy to the game directory. When you get prompted about overwritten you know you do it right.

1st option:
Then go to default.cfg and find line __localization_folder "German\". Change German to Russian. Try to start the game.

or
2nd option
<if you tried the 1st option remember to change back Russian to German in default.cfg>
copy all content from ..\DATA\LocData\Russian to ..\DATA\LocData\German. Try to start the game. This may looks the same like the method from my previous post but it's without my localization files so it makes a difference.

If it still crashes, please, post your logs. Do you have steam version? Do you have german patch installed?
Old 01-14-2012, 04:08 PM
Approved Member

Can't reach the russian site do download the russian version ... is it maybe (temporarily) down? ...

I tried both ways with the english one file mod on fresh german installation and with first and second patch too and i have no steam version of the game ... and it still crashes

The logfile is with the second patch on sw2 ... (i havent seen some difference between fresh installation and the patched versions in logfile)
Attached Files
File Type: txt LOGfile.txt (2.5 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-14-2012, 05:03 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mk_sky View Post
Can't reach the russian site do download the russian version ... is it maybe (temporarily) down? ...
Looks like it. If it won't come back in next 2-3 days I'll upload files somewhere else.

Your game crashes at the same moment as Lotrek's. Very strange. I'll try some different tests. Maybe I'll be able to duplicate your error and find out what's going on.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:46 PM
Approved Member

Sorry to hear it's not working for you but I am kinda glad I am not alone
Old 01-14-2012, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

At last I was able to duplicate the error and I've found what's causing it. Unfortunately, it's StarForce copy protection system. The only solution I know is downloading a different "Star Wolves 2.exe" version from e.g. GameCopyWorld so it's up to you guys. With original exe my game crashes at the same moment as yours. After replacing this only one file all works nice and smooth.
Old 01-14-2012, 07:18 PM
Approved Member

Great ... works with the english exe from gamecopyworld ... tried the german before and with this exe it wont work
Old 01-14-2012, 08:47 PM
Approved Member

grrr, gamecopyworld just hangs when i try to dl from any of thier mirrors. Ill try later and let you know how it goes.
Old 01-14-2012, 11:36 PM
Approved Member

Horray!

Got it up and running. My game crashed at the same point that kokain_jtp dd but I used your save games and was able to proceed.

I am enjoying the "translations:".

Hot Plasma to you Star Wolves!
Old 01-15-2012, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Game is kicking my patootie. MAybe I am doing something wrong but I am on the first mission that has combat , delivering the hammer and patroling the sector and the enemies are tearing me apart. I have taken out 3 alien patrols but when I go against the pirates, they tear me down in seconds.

In the first sector I bought a turret for my mothership and a laser for my pilot, that was all I had cash to afford. I really didd't see anything else for sale that would have been useful. Any hints on this Goblinwizard?