Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 06-20-2010, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

The log file must say something, even if it's just a [Warning] it might give me a clue to what the problem is. But since noone else has reported such an issue it might be your installation.

To everyone
The more info you give me on the issues, the easier it is for me to find the problem. Please include your installation info, log entries and whatever you think might help solving the problem.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:03 PM
Registered Member

I have reinstaled the game and the mod and nothing. with the version 0.9 it worked fine.

NOTE: i put the version 1.01 under the 0.9. if i put just the 1.01, the game doesn't start

like i said before, when i press "give me that key" the game close back to windows, with no explanation.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Approved Member

There you have it then, the 0.9 version is probably screwing things up for you.

Did you have any problems installing the Unofficial Patch? A failed installation of the patch might be the reason the 1.01 version wont work for you.
Old 06-20-2010, 09:50 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
There you have it then, the 0.9 version is probably screwing things up for you.

Did you have any problems installing the Unofficial Patch? A failed installation of the patch might be the reason the 1.01 version wont work for you.

I think that windows is not allowing the patch to install the right way. My operating system is Windows 7 64 bit home premium edition. Could you help me with this?

website to save youtube videos

Last edited by Cel.Barbosa; 06-20-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 11:54 PM
Approved Member

its been said before.. do not install the game to you program files folder.. instead choose a different folder like c:/games/7.62 .

the program files folder can be a bit complicated if you don't have complete admin rights on your version of windows and lots of software that was written pre 7/vista doesn't run properly

then unpack the unofficial patch to a temporary folder.. move its contents to your game dir and run the batch file.
the latest BSM requires the unofficial patch and won't run without it.. the 0.9 had a previous version of the patch included which is why i think that it almost works if you have it pre installed... however it contains old files of BSM which are obsolete now and cause conflicts.

after that try installing the latest BSM again and it should work.

i hope that helps

it worked for me this way and so it should for you.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Registered Member

I tried that but now that screen in the thumbnails apear.

It says that the program did something real bad and was killed.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sem título.jpg (17.9 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Cel.Barbosa; 06-21-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 09:11 AM
Approved Member

1: Install 7.62 in a new folder, like c:\games\7.62. DO NOT intstall the game in your Program Files or User folder, that will cause problems with vista/win7

2: Extract the Unofficial Patch to a temporary folder, then copy those files to your game directory. Make sure the PatchMe.bat and azp.exe are copied, sometimes they'll get stopped by anti-virus progs. If they do, add them to the exception list and copy them again.

3: Run the PatchMe.bat and watch as the command prompt packs the files. If you get any error messages, make a note of them. It might be useful if you need help problem solving later. If any files are marked as reaqd-only, they'll get added to the archive but not deleted afterward.

4: Extract the Blue Sun Mod files to a temporary folder, then copy them to your game directory. Make sure ALL files gets copied, the exe file might get caught in your anti-virus. If it does, add it to your exception list.

5: Run the game.

If you still have problems, check the log file located in your \7.62\Log\ folder. A log file will be created every time the game crashes and is very good at spotting missing resources and the like.
Old 06-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Registered Member

Finally the games is working. The patch doesn't have extracted complete, some of the patch files were missing but now its ok.

Just the "enter_dev_mode" => "shop" that stop working but the game is fine, Thank you for helping me.
Old 06-26-2010, 11:56 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy Having a perpetual CTD

Then again, the Patchme.bat failed to work, so I'm not surprised... also Windows 7 64-bit.

Installed the game to a "root drive:/Games/7.62 - High Calibre" folder, then unzipped the Unofficial Patch... albeit, straight to said directory. Here's the error message I got when trying to run Patchme.bat (mind you as admin):
Quote:
'azp.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
The system cannot find the file directory.a.
Could Not Find C:\Windows\system32\directory.a
Could Not Find C:\Windows\system32\files.a
Could Not Find C:\Windows\system32\azp.exe
Compression Complete
Press any key to continue . . .
Nevertheless, afterward I extracted the Blue Sun Mod 1.01 to a temporary folder and moved its contents to "root drive:/Games/7.62," then tried to run the game at 1024x768 full-screen. So far the game will run, but CTD when I start game, at least with Cameron.

FWIW, I'm able to use the Editor, but there's almost nothing in the "Armor" category except for a Tripwire, and I find that I cannot remove any of the vertical Foregrips or collapse/"fold" the Modified M4A1 stocks... is this intentional, or a bug?
Old 06-26-2010, 01:08 PM
Approved Member

It seems you missed the second(2) step in the install instructions in the above post where I mention the need to make sure the azp.exe actually gets copied to the game directory. I think it gets blocked by your system and you need to add it to the exception list. The same goes for the Files.a and Directory.a files, make sure they're in the game fiolder before you run the PatchMe.bat file.

The shop issue is known, but I haven't gotten any confirmation if my fix for it works. This bug only happens to some people, I don't have that problem, so it's very hard for me to see if I fixed it. My latest attempt can be found here, just copy the files to your game directory and make sure the RenderedItems folder is empty to make sure you re-render the old screwed up images.
http://rapidshare.com/files/399965405/BSM_1.01_Fix1.rar

The foregrips in not meant to be taken off, it's due to some engine limitation so you have to live with it. It's also the reason they can't be bought in shops, only ordered though Uribe.

The stock issue must be on your end, it works fine for me. Which version of the WEAPONINFO are you using? Could be that I messed up the alterative one, if that's the one you're using.