Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 07-10-2010, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

I'll try to upload a mod kit that includes the azp.exe later and I think the mod-kit you already have included the Far plugin, which is the one used by Total commander. If you follow the instruction in the link you provided you should be able to set it up by yourself.

And it appears the the Yahoo! guys doesn't know much about programming or they would have said that it's part of a library for some code compilers that 3rd party developers use. And the file you're missing is located in one of the folders in the mod kit.

I could make the Repo men optional, but then you'd lose all your money instead, your account and what you carry with you. And I'm in no mood to add a cheat that makes it possible to avoid paying your debt and get away with it

EDIT:
I checked the mod kit again and I was wrong, it doesn't include the AZP viewer, only the e6 one. I'll include it in the mod kit I'll be uploading once I have collected all the files.

Last edited by R@S; 07-10-2010 at 08:04 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Hey, for that cheat I'd just be using the dev shop, or tampering with the outsourcedconfig.INI Or, without modifying files, at least studiously avoid debt as much as possible... *chin rub* Choice is key in what I'm looking for out of BSM, though I so far am generally okay with your choices for defaults and recommendations.

*Hedges his bets anyway by setting aside a hypothetical round for each hypothetical repo man*

Thanks for clearing up the situation regarding the mod kit; I'd have tried the solution at the post I linked, but the link within that to the plugins archive was broken; or rather, whereas it should display an abbreviated URL the link itself was abbreviated. I saw the far plugin, wasn't sure how to use it, considering the post's instructions were for that plugins archive (using the modified files packaged together). I must disagree with you regarding "MFC71.DLL," while I'll take your word that it's safe, it's not in the existing mod kit release, I just looked. Nevertheless, I'm glad to hear that a future release is being worked on and thank you for your continued work on it.
Old 07-10-2010, 11:19 AM
Approved Member

The mod kit you have must be an older one since I have the 7.62SaveEditor in mine and that includes the MFC71.DLL file.(The Save Editor only works with the Russian version of 7.62)

Here's a link to the latest Unofficial Mod-Kit, including the AZP archiver and instructions on how to set it up with Total Commender, enjoy

7.62_Unofficial_Mod_Kit
Old 07-10-2010, 02:48 PM
Approved Member

R@S, I had a question for you. How well in contact are you with the modding team that is/was creating the weapons that you've been adding to BSM? How active are they now, etc?

One thing that has always bothered me is that the game, even up through the end CGL's, is mostly focused just on small arms, not support weapons.

We have a few UGL's, but rarely did I recall them ever being available, and when you could find the launcher it was days before you found ammo for them. The mines sucked balls, seriously. The enemy was magically gifted at locating mines, making them totally useless. And there were few other heavy weapons such as rockets.

On top of that, my experience when using the UGL's was piss-poor. It didn't matter how much training I gave my soldiers, they never seemed to fire those weapons properly. The UGL's all seemed to fire at extreme velocities, giving them a very unrealistic ballistic trajectory. This means that those 'nades could rarely be "lobbed" onto the target, but were fired at almost a flat trajectory like a regular bullet. Shooting over walls/obstacles, or up onto higher ground was nearly impossible for me.

* Any chance of making the UGL's more common in the game, with ammunition more readily available?

* And do you think those weapon modders would be interested in creating a few "rockets"? As mentioned before, I've got great models of all kinds, would just need someone to convert them for use in BSM. M72, M136, RPG, etc are all available.

* Could someone take a look at the UGL's and do some testing with them, see if there is something wrong with their projectile velocities? You should really be capable of lobbing those things in a nice arc over a good distance, with weapon skill affecting accuracy, not range.

* Is there any way to improve the AP mine system, so mines are actually useful to the player? I don't know how mines are detected, what kind of dice rolls are made, or if certain terrain/objects help conceal them. But as they stand now, mines are 100% useless. The ONLY time I've ever been able to effectively use mines is when I placed those mines inside of an enemy spawn area prior to them spawning in, and getting lucky if one or two of those enemy happen to spawn in on top of one.

One last idea/suggestion, is it possible to create a new weapon like the Claymore AP mine using the same technology as the hand grenades? What I mean is having a small blast radius around the mine, but throwing projectiles (shrapnel/frag) in a dedicated arc in front of the mine. Also limiting the "clacker" use distance, so the operator must be within a certain range of the mine in order to detonate it.

I recall using other "radio-controlled" mines before, that allowed you to charge mines and lock up to 4 of them into one controller, and remote-det them. But it would be nice to see an actual Claymore-style variant, limited to only one mine per clacker.
Old 07-10-2010, 05:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja2dan View Post
R@S, I had a question for you. How well in contact are you with the modding team that is/was creating the weapons that you've been adding to BSM? How active are they now, etc?
I talk to them every week or so, they keep me up to date on their developments as I do them. After they release a new version of their addon and the bug fixes are done, they usually take a few weeks off from working on their project. They are still working on the new functions for the code, there are still some issues to iron out with it.

Their best 3d guy, Grey, is very busy with his real life and doesn't have much tome to work on new models. But they get by anyways.

Quote:
We have a few UGL's, but rarely did I recall them ever being available, and when you could find the launcher it was days before you found ammo for them.
I have already started working on making attachments available earlier, and that includes UGL's and nades. In BSM you need to do some missions before you get access to the best shops, the ones that has the awesome stuff before anyone else has it. I'm a firm believer of working for the good stuff, things shouldn't come without an effort.

Quote:
The mines sucked balls, seriously. The enemy was magically gifted at locating mines, making them totally useless. And there were few other heavy weapons such as rockets.
Yeah, the mine issue is a bad one, and I've tried to correct it but think I've failed. I have some success with trip-wires and the random encounter bandits, but when it comes to guards and soldiers they seem to spot them very easily. But Legionnaire=M= did some work on the mine settings a while ago, I'm not sure that was after you stopped playing or not, and I haven't really tested the new settings that much to tell you if they are improved or not.

Quote:
* Any chance of making the UGL's more common in the game, with ammunition more readily available?
See above

Quote:
* And do you think those weapon modders would be interested in creating a few "rockets"? As mentioned before, I've got great models of all kinds, would just need someone to convert them for use in BSM. M72, M136, RPG, etc are all available.
They already have a M72 LAW, RPO-A and an RPG-7b with 11 different grenades to fire. So I'll say they're all set on that department I've already added the RPO-A from their game, not sure if asking for the others is worth it.

Quote:
* Could someone take a look at the UGL's and do some testing with them, see if there is something wrong with their projectile velocities? You should really be capable of lobbing those things in a nice arc over a good distance, with weapon skill affecting accuracy, not range.
Not me, I'm to busy, sorry. But I'm sure someone else has time for it.

Quote:
* Is there any way to improve the AP mine system, so mines are actually useful to the player? I don't know how mines are detected, what kind of dice rolls are made, or if certain terrain/objects help conceal them. But as they stand now, mines are 100% useless. The ONLY time I've ever been able to effectively use mines is when I placed those mines inside of an enemy spawn area prior to them spawning in, and getting lucky if one or two of those enemy happen to spawn in on top of one.
See above

Quote:
One last idea/suggestion, is it possible to create a new weapon like the Claymore AP mine using the same technology as the hand grenades? What I mean is having a small blast radius around the mine, but throwing projectiles (shrapnel/frag) in a dedicated arc in front of the mine. Also limiting the "clacker" use distance, so the operator must be within a certain range of the mine in order to detonate it.

I recall using other "radio-controlled" mines before, that allowed you to charge mines and lock up to 4 of them into one controller, and remote-det them. But it would be nice to see an actual Claymore-style variant, limited to only one mine per clacker.
I dunno for sure, the engine differentiates between nades and mines, and only mines has the Rem-det functions. The nades all use a timer and there's no way to change that. The problem with the mines is that they need to be primed and set before the rem-det works, and that means placing it on the ground. Maybe the Russians finds a way around this. If they do I'll add it for sure, I'm dying to have satchel charges in the mod

Last edited by R@S; 07-10-2010 at 05:10 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:38 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by R@S View Post
I dunno for sure, the engine differentiates between nades and mines, and only mines has the Rem-det functions. The nades all use a timer and there's no way to change that. The problem with the mines is that they need to be primed and set before the rem-det works, and that means placing it on the ground. Maybe the Russians finds a way around this. If they do I'll add it for sure, I'm dying to have satchel charges in the mod
The Claymore would also need "primed" before placing it, just like any of the other mines/booby-traps. The difference though between the Claymore and other mines is that it would need to have a directional fragmentation, similar to how grenades currently spew shrapnel, but limited to within a specific arc.

I ask because I have never seen any other game in my lifetime come close to getting grenades to work as they do in 7.62. Most games simply have an invisible frag radius and anything within that radius is "hit" with the shrapnel. If they want a random effect, they simply add coding in to roll the dice. But in this game shrapnel is real, it's actual fragments that are thrown in random directions. The "randomness" is not a roll of the dice, but simply having the character get lucky and not being in the path of the fragments. Obstacles work as they should, no magic death if you were hiding behind a wall.

If someone could figure out how to get that same fragmentation effect to work in just a specific arc, you'd be able to turn that type of blast/frag into AP mines. Weapons like the Claymore would have many great uses in the game, and because they are command-det you don't have to worry about an enemy dodging it because they see it.

But if it's not possible, then oh well. Maybe I can get the devs to add them in during a future release, if I can ever get a hold of them.

The last time I played there were only a couple of rockets available, and ammo was rare. It's good to hear that more are out there now, they have a limited use in this game where destructible environments don't exist but they still have their charm. Of course they should still be more difficult to obtain, but in the later CGL's it would be great to have them available as an option (at a steep cost obviously).

The same goes with the UGL's, I have no problems with them requiring completion of some quests or tasks first and being priced accordingly. But when I last played, even when I had millions in the bank and was rockin the M249's and uber-expensive gadgets, I was still rarely able to find either the launchers or the ammo. I look forward to seeing them around more often, but still hope that someone can look into their mode of operation and see if something can be done to fix their unrealistic ballistics.
Old 07-10-2010, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Haven't I told you that I added a Claymore that has a 60 degree dispersal arch, and a MON-50 that has a 54 degree? What I can't do is add the option to throw them once they've been primed and I thought that was the issue here.

And I forgot to saay in my previous post, you can "lob" grenades with the UGL as long as you fire it from-the hip. Then you can adjust the arch while holding the shift button, just as with grenades.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:08 PM
Approved Member

No, nobody told me that Claymores and similar AP directional mines had been added. That's what I had been dying to see in the game, and it looks like my request had already been taken care of. Cool deal.

And no, I didn't mean to "throw" the mines in any way. Claymores are treated the same as any other mine: Deployed, Primed, and await detonation or removal. I guess it was just a misunderstanding of my question.

Once I have the game up and running again I'll have to give the UGL's another try. Before I had only been using them in "aimed" mode because I thought that would provide the best accuracy at such ranges. Now that I know they can be lobbed via hip-shot, with a fairly easy-to-see ballistics path, they might be a lot better than I remember. UGL's sound like they are actually effective now.

Damn, now you've really got me drooling over the game again, and it'll be at least another 3-4 weeks before my PC is fixed. If only I could play it on this crapper laptop.
Old 07-11-2010, 04:47 AM
Approved Member

Don't get too excited, I find the hipshooting of UGLs pretty bad. Your merc ends up aiming it at close to 90 degrees, meaning it looks idiotic and takes a while to land. I also find that it's even less accurate than usual (probably because the game is thinking hipshoot means less accurate, instead of treating it as a different mode of firing), which means it's abysmal.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by safoolfool View Post
I also find that it's even less accurate than usual (probably because the game is thinking hipshoot means less accurate, instead of treating it as a different mode of firing), which means it's abysmal.
I have a different experience than this, but I make sure the merc using GL's have high HW skill, at least above 50. And I also think the weapon familiarity is useful as well.