Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Men of War: Red Tide

Men of War: Red Tide Stand-alone expansion to its critically acclaimed RTS Men of War

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2011, 03:16 AM
Registered Member

Default Odessa, "Never Again!" help? I'm stuck!

I'm stuck on the second mission Never Again!. I'm playing on hard difficulty. I captured the three AA guns, and took out the planes. I am then asked to take out the artillery but I can't figure out how to get there? I've never been so stumped in a MOW/SHOWW2 game.

Am I supposed to take the boat to the west and drop my men off where all the mines are? They normally keep blowing up, but I have managed to sneak through near the shore. I don't know why it recommends fixing up the light tank because it gets blown up by a mine or a tank as soon as I move it. Even if I DID manage to get it, it's only armament is a machine gun? It seems almost useless..

So I snuck into the main base but my strategies don't seem to be working. I air striked one of the AA guns near the supply truck and stole the second one, and tried fighting off the waves of infantry but I was surrounded on all sides and my squad was nearly wiped out. I might have been able to do it, but I don't consider putting my squad in that much danger very good tactics.

Against my usual strategy (I try not to lose a man) I even tried a diversion by blowing something up with one man and sneaking the other 7 around, which still doesn't seem to work because I can't sneak by anywhere. I haven't given up with the diversion strategy, but it seems kind of abnormally hard to be the right way.

What am I supposed to be doing? How did other people accomplish this objective?