Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 11-16-2013, 04:55 AM
Approved Member

Default Will there be an online community for COD after BOS?

I see COD is $5 at gamersgate and was thinking of getting it for friends at that price.
Using fusion4 of course. But now I am thinking with BOS out in a few months is it worth picking up and learning?

I love BOB theatre and BOS theatre in comparison is fairly boring to me.
I have only just got interested in COD again after that horrid launch and the myriad of bugs that even still exist... rear view mirror facing the right way yet?

So the interest is there. Question is will the community be there?
Old 11-16-2013, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

The answer would have to be a big yes. Just look at the 46 crowd, they took it over and consider it their brain child.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 11-16-2013, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

Good!
Because I just spend $10 on two copies from gamersgate and now have to choose two initiate pilots very carefully... but then I am fairly new to this as well!
Old 11-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Approved Member

Good decision, Destraex! I am looking forward to seeing you and your friends in the BoB skies!

To me BoS will only become a topic when it is released in another 6 months. But as this might be round about the time when the Team Fusion patch 5.00 with its new theatre (Mediterranean?) and planes (Bf 109 F, Spitfire V?) might come out...

In any case a very good time for combat fligt simmers!
Old 11-16-2013, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUI View Post
Good decision, Destraex! I am looking forward to seeing you and your friends in the BoB skies!

To me BoS will only become a topic when it is released in another 6 months. But as this might be round about the time when the Team Fusion patch 5.00 with its new theatre (Mediterranean?) and planes (Bf 109 F, Spitfire V?) might come out...

In any case a very good time for combat fligt simmers!

This is my main problem with the current TF concept...originally I was hoping that they could bring back some of the features that were removed by the devs, and maybe concentrate on the reported bugs. But adding variants is not a healthy direction IMHO, and will create an stagnant pilot environment like that of 46, where they are stuck in the last decade. They(TF) have done a good job on some things, but the job of adding aircraft, belongs to the devs/games of the future...who we must support or that too will fade away

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 11-16-2013 at 12:59 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 02:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
This is my main problem with the current TF concept...originally I was hoping that they could bring back some of the features that were removed by the devs, and maybe concentrate on the reported bugs. But adding variants is not a healthy direction IMHO, and will create an stagnant pilot environment like that of 46, where they are stuck in the last decade. They(TF) have done a good job on some things, but the job of adding aircraft, belongs to the devs/games of the future...who we must support or that too will fade away
Thats just nonsense.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWMV View Post
Thats just nonsense.
That is my interpretation too.
Old 11-16-2013, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

I would have called it differently but I also do not see any reason why an evolving CloD would not do the flight simulation community a favour. There are so many planes and different theatres available and surely a lot of great ideas not yet implemented by any sim.

The aspect that all the achievements Team Fusion have realised were possible by pure enthusiasm just shows what game development should be about. Of course, beside the financial aspect that professionall developers also have to keep in mind.

Last edited by DUI; 11-16-2013 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2013, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

COD will evolve with TF just as it would have with a dedicated developer, only slower, with a part time community TF development crew.

Oleg and Luthier's development team built a very complex sim engine, that was being designed for years of feature/content upgrades. Oleg wasn't able to finish the sim engine, but everyday TF is getting a better and better handle on its complexity, and its almost limitless potential.

The COD game engine currently has no rival in its capabilities, but it will be interesting to see if the ROF game engine can be upgraded by the BOS developers. I see no reason why it couldn't, as all game engines are just a bunch of arranged 1's and 0's.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 11-16-2013, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

answer: yes