Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:39 PM
Approved Member

That sounds weird, but of course if you did actually stall, there would be minimum FFB (a floppy stick) from the control surfaces until you'd built up more airspeed. Sorry if this is obvious.

I get a floppy stick when starting the 'free flight' quick missions, which takes a few violent manoevres to kick it in.

I've had no overheating problems with my stick in over a year of much use. I've got some 761 hours in on Cliffs alone, plus FSX, IL2, RoF and DCS A-10.
In spite of my Northern English location, the wife has the heating on pretty constantly, so it's not like I'm in a cold environment!

The only thing I would suggest is to set everything on default settings, in both global device and individual game settings, disable centring spring both globally and in game settings also and uncheck 'persistent profile' and check 'apply profiles to games automatically'.

Having said that, everyone has a different preference, but all of my settings are at 75%, for all games and for the global device settings, with centre spring unchecked in all cases.

I don't use the profiler at all, and set everything up in the game control menus.

Recalibrating the stick from scratch may help too.

That's all I can think of for now.

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 06-25-2012 at 06:43 PM.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Yeah I understand the control surfaces thing, but after the initial "break" and loss of calibration, it would do it at random times as well, such as level flight while firing guns...anything that activated the FFB "shake."

I can't find this happening to anyone else on the interwebs through google searches. It may be a bad sensor/motor. Also, when I set my profiles up to "apply profiles to games automatically" any keyboard binds that I assign to the stick/throttle are inoperable. This is a bummer because I cannot bind my TeamSpeak PTT key to a joystick button, so I have to assign a joystick button to "shift", which doesn't read unless the profile is in globally persistent mode.

When it works, it works effing great. This stick is a Godsend. There's so much more involvement in what your aircraft is doing when FFB is configured correctly. I feel that if I have to limit my settings to something sub-optimal then that warrants a return/new stick.

Finicky software this bit is. Poor execution, methinks.

I think I may return this stick and get another G940, I may have gotten a bad apple...unfortunately my local electronics store had only one left when I bought it, so I may have to wait a bit.
Old 06-25-2012, 07:06 PM
Approved Member

You can't assign ptt to a button? Now that is weird. Mine is the big red 'fire' button.

There's obviously something amiss there, but I'm afraid I'm out of suggestions.

I know that I did have some software issues at first which took some sorting out, and I'm still pretty convinced it'll be something to do with software rather than the stick.

Such a shame when crap like this spoils your fun, eh?

P.S. This is really obvious, but you have made 100% sure of all connections? Tried a different usb port? Made sure it has a dedicated port and not thru a hub? Sorry again if patronising!

Last edited by ATAG_Dutch; 06-25-2012 at 07:46 PM.
Old 09-30-2015, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

I have the exact same issue as you do Aborted.

Whether it's the hardware, the software or the game I'm uncertain, however, the profiler seems to function in other games. Ie, arma, Elite Dangerous.

But ever since I downloaded Il-2 and (stupidly) fiddled with some settings in Il-2's force feedback settings my G940 has not functioned properly since. The global device settings no longer change the force feedback settings.

This joystick setup is no longer supported by logitech, this could be one of the reasons why of course. I have the exact same issue, I hit a button or move the joystick and the force feedback motors start to go nutty(the shaking as described).

Whether it was a coincidence or not, the G940 does not function properly in Il-2 BoS. But I have a feeling that it may be the hardware itself, however, when I start a game(elite dangerous or something else) through the profiler it uses the adjusted settings, but the settings changing are no longer retroactive like they were before Il-2's installation.

Perhaps I should look into the Il-2 folder or re-install the game, it could be a combination of several things, either way I am considering buying a cheap joystick, after all, the throttle works fine. I partly wish I had kept my X52, but either way, this G940 'was' the best setup I have ever had, before it started malfunctioning.

Either way it's an unfortunate shame that Logitech no longer supports their extremely popular hardware, I would imagine this is the main reason why it does not function properly.