Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-17-2015, 03:17 PM
Approved Member

Default Throwback Thrusday

little early ...I made this for use in another forum site post, thought I would share it here too. Bring's back memories of the good and the not so good of the great attempt, released 4 years ago v.13054...money and time the spoiler

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 08-21-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Four years? Seems like a life-time ago to me.

Being one of those people who always found the game enjoyable even with all its flaws and failings, I have fond memories of playing the original and all subsequent versions of the game, up until official support stopped.

When, coincidentally, other interests and commitments in my life meant I pretty much stopped playing the game altogether anyway.

I can appreciate all the work that's been done to improve the game since then, but it's hard to imagine being able to spend as much time with the game as I once did.

So yeah, nice memories, (of the actual game, but not of all the bs that went on behind the scenes and on the forums here).

And speaking of video's of the old game, it turns out this one I made has become (as far as I know, and to my surprise) the most viewed 'IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs Of Dover' video on Youtube -

Old 08-17-2015, 06:56 PM
Approved Member

That's really just a great video Les, I can see why it is #1 from word of mouth no doubt, uploaded on May 19, 2011(that is 4+ years, time flies!!) which would make it Original game I believe and was pre-damage decals, that did arrived with the first patch v1.0.13954...anyway enjoyed it lots

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 08-17-2015 at 07:03 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:49 AM
Approved Member

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Being one of those people who always found the game enjoyable even with all its flaws and failings, I have fond memories of playing the original and all subsequent versions of the game, up until official support stopped.
When, coincidentally, other interests and commitments in my life meant I pretty much stopped playing the game altogether anyway.
Les!
I still use your injectFX plugin settings in CloD!

What would it take to get you flying again?
. . . this, perhaps?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=229404
Old 08-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les View Post
Four years? Seems like a life-time ago to me.

I can appreciate all the work that's been done to improve the game since then, but it's hard to imagine being able to spend as much time with the game as I once did.
Les! I still use your injectFX settings ias a basis for my own tweaks in Cliffs.
Be grand to have you back flying again some day!
Old 08-30-2015, 05:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstyle View Post
Les! I still use your injectFX settings ias a basis for my own tweaks in Cliffs.
Be grand to have you back flying again some day!
Nice to know you found those injectFX settings useful. Good luck with the Storm Of War server, looks like an interesting multi-player setup.