Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads

Technical threads All discussions about technical issues

Old 08-03-2012, 07:30 AM
Approved Member

Many thanks for the excellent and understandable work FS~Phat!

I always said "do not bother for anything less than 2Gb VRAM", it is good to see that there are options to make the game run smooth with 1 - 1.3 Gb VRAM

~S~
Old 08-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Could you look at the specific settings that cause these things? Specifically, trees, textures, buildings?
Old 08-06-2012, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS~Phat View Post
Yes I get the same, its the particle/smoke/tracer and probably some other code that still needs optimisation. Mine doesnt drop below 30FPS though even with 9 bombers and 2 fighter planes and a flaming bomber wing falling off so its not too bad!
You have 4 GPUs and it doesn't drop below 30fps. It should not drop below 50-60fps with that much GPU computing power. The whole graphics engine need optimized or rewritten because it's crap, even with high end systems. We need a cluster of computers to play the sim for all it's glory, lol!

The problem is far deeper than just messing with settings within the game. It's the code within the game hindering the performance. I have a 6 core CPU clocked at 4.7GHz, 12 threads if I enable HT, 16GB or RAM & HD6970 GPU with 2GB of VRAM. The sim still runs like crap even with high end hardware. stutter, stutter.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken pixel View Post
You have 4 GPUs and it doesn't drop below 30fps. It should not drop below 50-60fps with that much GPU computing power. The whole graphics engine need optimized or rewritten because it's crap, even with high end systems. We need a cluster of computers to play the sim for all it's glory, lol!

The problem is far deeper than just messing with settings within the game. It's the code within the game hindering the performance. I have a 6 core CPU clocked at 4.7GHz, 12 threads if I enable HT, 16GB or RAM & HD6970 GPU with 2GB of VRAM. The sim still runs like crap even with high end hardware. stutter, stutter.
Sorry your having problems but you are now in the minority. There must be other problems in your system or game configuration files.
As for my 4 cards... SLI is not supported so the game currently only uses 1 card. I can force it to use all 4 cards but the profile isnt optimised for COD so that does create stutters and doesnt really increase performance unless Im playing in 3 screen surround mode. Sure there are still a few glitches here and there but the textures and details are so much more than the old IL2... and even today in 1946 I still get slowdowns AND STUTTERS occasionally even with 300FPS+...

COD is also capable of 200FPS+ as I have proven in a couple of other threads. Check my post history if you want the details.

If you want some help Im happy to help you trouble shoot your stutters.

Last edited by FS~Phat; 08-07-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:15 AM
Approved Member

Thanks! I'm getting a GTX680 soon and I'm sure it will run smooth after that. I thought SLI and Crossfire where supported? Before I sold my 6990 I was running trifire with 3x GPUs.

Last edited by broken pixel; 08-07-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQB View Post
Could you look at the specific settings that cause these things? Specifically, trees, textures, buildings?
Ill get back to you on this when I have some more time.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken pixel View Post
Thanks! I'm getting a GTX680 soon and I'm sure it will run smooth after that. I thought SLI and Crossfire where supported? Before I sold my 6990 I was running trifire with 3x GPUs.
Nope no official support yet.. Only work arounds get it working and not optimally, especially for more than 2 cards.

Luthier said he was trying to get official SLI support from Nvidia for the next official patch.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

I got a Zotac GTX680 4GB today from Microcenter. Thanks to Directron for having them listed for 544.99 so MC priced matched from 579.00. I guess I will go with the 301.42 whql driver first. I am so glad to finally get that AMD/Radeon crap out of my system, I'm staying green and never going back red. I have only owned a few ATI cards mostly Nvidia since 3DFX went to the great GPU in the sky.
Old 08-09-2012, 01:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FS~Phat View Post
Ill get back to you on this when I have some more time.
Thanks!

I've still got this odd problem with texture LODs being reversed for the terrain (very strange!) but apart from that running at a mixture of med/very high is going fine.
Old 08-14-2012, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

Default Video Card

I am running with a single GTX580 (Black Ops edition) and CLOD runs buttery smooth for me with everything maxed !

Busterbvi.