Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > Patches

Patches Patches for RNR

Old 11-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Approved Member

I haven't got the game yet, but judging by the videos, I think that there are a couple of things that need some fixing.

-The sounds. They're just terrible. If you listen to the video that evh5150vanhalen posted, the sounds don't even change pitch, which sounds terrible in my oppinion. Some new samples wouldn't hurt neither, but I understand if that would be too hard.
-The trailer physics need some adjusting as well.
-A HI-LO range selector (so we could have at least 10/12 gears). But a splitter would be better, even if it made the game harder for, well, what I guess you can call the "casual gamer"
-This is just a little gimmick I'd like to see really, and it'd be that the steering wheel ingame turned 900 degrees. But it's just a little detail I don't really mind

Plus, I've heard a lot of complaints about the truck physics. But, if they are anything like the ones in Hard Truck 2, they'll be pretty good in my oppinion, and they sure kick ass comparing to the 18 WoS series.

Just my 2 cents from looking at the videos.
Old 11-30-2009, 05:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubaku View Post
Guys I have good news. I talked to pr manager vbproffi, who works in the softlab developer office. I told him about the street lights and speed limit signs.

He said I mostly agree, and that we ARE listening to the opinions of the gamers and there WILL be a patch to fix many problems.

So relax. It aint over til the fat lady sings.
You re a hero man !

Maybe fix some stuff for English release ?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagman_20 View Post
-This is just a little gimmick I'd like to see really, and it'd be that the steering wheel ingame turned 900 degrees. But it's just a little detail I don't really mind
Wait what? You mean that the steering wheel in the game doesn't turn 900°? That's terrible! It's annoying as hell if the the steering wheel in the game isn't in sync with the actual steering wheel.
Old 11-30-2009, 06:28 PM
Approved Member

I don't really mind there not being any traffic lights. they're not really needed for the most part. but speed limit signs are sorely missing. what are the speed limits? 60? 80? on freeway? through small towns? I have no idea. they should add speed limit signs immediatly and just save up a bunch of the other stuff I'd like to see in there for an expansion. new sounds, detailed background scenery and buildings, more smaller roads inside and around towns, traffic lights, maybe some new locations and a couple more trucks. this would be an a-ok smaller expansion. make it 10 dollars and release it as soon as possible right after the international release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flagman_20 View Post
Plus, I've heard a lot of complaints about the truck physics. But, if they are anything like the ones in Hard Truck 2, they'll be pretty good in my oppinion, and they sure kick ass comparing to the 18 WoS series.
yeah, the truck physics are great. the crash physics aren't that great and the collisions are really weird especially with other vehicles. but if you actually play the game without pretending it's carmageddon or something it should be fine. look at it this way, if you drive like an idiot you deserve to have the game rain crap down around you. hehe.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

Default have problem whit rain drops to

When i start campaig i can se just i little rain drops on window and the sky is clear, nothing on the road, but about 10-20 min in the game the rain show up more on the window and a little bit more on the road, then after 30 min its looks good on the road but not so much on window like i have been seing in some screens shots..

i have nvidia gtx260 and all settings on high..

I hope you could solve the problem.....
Old 12-05-2009, 11:59 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobie81 View Post
When i start campaig i can se just i little rain drops on window and the sky is clear, nothing on the road, but about 10-20 min in the game the rain show up more on the window and a little bit more on the road, then after 30 min its looks good on the road but not so much on window like i have been seing in some screens shots..

i have nvidia gtx260 and all settings on high..

I hope you could solve the problem.....
I have the same thing. I'm not sure if it's because of the weather settings or what, not sure if it's a bug. It goes away after 20 minutes though, and then the rest of the time the rain is normal.
Old 12-06-2009, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Default Deliverie of cargo

I hope the patch will fix so not all cargo are time limit because that makes the game not fun, its more like a racing simulator instead of simulator...the time limit takes all the fun away and you must hurry so you are in time you have no time to enjoy the landscape..
Old 12-06-2009, 09:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I hope the patch will fix so not all cargo are time limit because that makes the game not fun, its more like a racing simulator instead of simulator...the time limit takes all the fun away and you must hurry so you are in time you have no time to enjoy the landscape..
This game is a arcade racing game, what more did you expect? This game is not a simulator
Old 12-07-2009, 08:49 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Freak of Nature wrote this about the subject:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...5&postcount=10
Old 12-07-2009, 09:20 AM
Approved Member

For the REAL TRUCKERS out there. I would like to see a patch that has the option of Auto Warehouse Delivery & Manual Warehouse Delivery.

IMO, half the fun of driving is to actually back the truck into the warehouse, or loading dock utilizing the mirrors. Going from point A to point B can get dull quickly. That's what I liked mostly about 18 Wheels of Steal. This would truly add some realism to the game, along with self satisfaction of your skills.

Another thing that might be nice is a small CDL course, or Tutorial to learn how to drive the big rigs. You know, like parking, and back-up maneuvers. This would be neat for the new drivers. Make it so that you have a pass or fail scoring system. It could be added as a scenario or part of a campaign.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 12-08-2009 at 05:29 AM.