Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > King's Bounty Editor

King's Bounty Editor Info, hints, questions and etc.

Old 08-15-2010, 04:23 PM
Approved Member

Default any news on what the editor can do?

As topic, more info on the editor would be nice.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron1 View Post
I don't have full details on that, but I was told it is pretty much a full developer's tool that was used by the studio itself to make the game. Guess it can do really a lot...
Old 08-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

The editor is really very powerful, you can not only create territories, but also add quests, scripts and etc. So everyone should be very happy, from newcomers to veterans.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the new information guys!
My real question would be, can I import my own 3d model/animated monster into the editor then have it export out into the game as a new campaign?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Thanks for the new information guys!
My real question would be, can I import my own 3d model/animated monster into the editor then have it export out into the game as a new campaign?
Not sure, but most likely not possible.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:34 AM
Approved Member

Default Editor description

Quote:
With this Editor you can modify the original game and even create separate, independent, full-scale campaigns, complete with mission maps, unique locations, and new quests.

The editor allows you to:
1) Add to the original game, by modifying or adding new game locations, arenas, items, characters, companions, enemy heroes, and quests.
2) Create a new campaign, which can be played by Bill Gilbert (or the mage or paladin from "King's Bounty: the Legend", Mateush Tein or Christian Tyler), Princess Amelie, or the knight Arthur. However, all skill trees will match those of Princess Amelie. You can give the pet dragon to any hero, but only Princess Amelie may fly.

The parts of the game editor include:
1) The map and arena editor enable you to create and modify existing locations, customizing their appearance and behavior.
2) Dialog editor.
3) Quest editor.
4) Item editor.
5) Enemy hero editor.
6) Object effect editor – enables you to assign sounds to game objects, as well as special effects, light sources, and so on.
7) Comes with a complete set of source textures, palettes, and other assets from Armored Princess.

The same editor allows you to:
1) Link together separate campaign filesets. For example, your campaign can feature various protagonists.
2) Connect external plug-ins and programs designed to work with game data. For example, interface or creature editors.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:58 PM
Approved Member

Will there be an area of 1cpublishing dedicated for hosting fan made campaigns or at least providing links to them ? Sort of like hevenly games for aow2/aow2sm.
--
Of course oneconcern is most of them will be in Russian given the popularity in the region (only a concern because I cannot read Russian )
Old 08-26-2010, 05:27 PM
Approved Member

Megakill and Nike-it,

Thanks for the information! I will dfefinitely pick up a copy
Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
Will there be an area of 1cpublishing dedicated for hosting fan made campaigns or at least providing links to them ? Sort of like hevenly games for aow2/aow2sm.
--
Of course oneconcern is most of them will be in Russian given the popularity in the region (only a concern because I cannot read Russian )
We will think about it. Definitely we will have a separate thread on the forum dedicated to fan made campaigns.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:13 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake21 View Post
--

I am thinking (not a promise!) that me might want to run a proper affiliate program with the modders - maybe even pack several best fan addons into a special pack and help them distribute it. For example there is a huge number of people making addons for MS flight-sim.

Let's see first how many people are interested in playing with the editor and how elaborate those mods/expansions would be.