Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Technical threads > FM/DM threads

FM/DM threads Everything about FM/DM in CoD

Old 08-12-2012, 07:35 PM
Approved Member

Default E-4 Prop Pitch Working as it should?

First time tonight its happened but the PP on the E-4 was acting strange when on AUTO...Its always been ok once Ive took off manually then changed to AUTO but tonight up at 4.5k it was on 11:30 needless to say I had no power to climb and couldn't get above 200knots

Is the Auto PP porked or is my game playing up?

As i said before tonight its been OK which is weird..im not doing anything different apart from a change of Cakes and biscuits next to me
Old 08-12-2012, 11:27 PM
Approved Member

Something odd there It behaves flawlessly for me. If you get the engine hot it will affect the RPM quite dramatically in the E4. Perhaps that was the issue forgot the Oil rad ?
Old 08-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Approved Member

Hi..

No Oil rad was open as usual..no difference on anything I done...I exited the game and returned and it seemed OK again for the short time I was flying..

I remember reading on here there were some issues with the auto prop but I never experienced them until now..

IvanK do you not need to switch between manual and auto when you first take off? so it doesn't start acting up?.I thought everyone experienced this..
Old 08-13-2012, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ze-Jamz View Post
Hi..

No Oil rad was open as usual..no difference on anything I done...I exited the game and returned and it seemed OK again for the short time I was flying..

I remember reading on here there were some issues with the auto prop but I never experienced them until now..

IvanK do you not need to switch between manual and auto when you first take off? so it doesn't start acting up?.I thought everyone experienced this..
I always Select Manual on the ground before start. The prop then starts coarseing off (It shouldnt). I stop it set full fine (12:00). Take off in manual then as RPM hits 2300 just after take off hit Auto. If climbing at full throttle I just leave it in Auto.

If climbing at reduced ATA (like 1.25) I go Manual and set 2300RPM. As soon as combat looks likely Full throttle in AUTO. I fight in AUTO and generally combat cruise in manual with 2300RPM set. For general non combat sight seeing I just leave it in AUTO.

Once back in the circuit for landing I go manual and full fine (12:00)

That works for me.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IvanK View Post
I always Select Manual on the ground before start. The prop then starts coarseing off (It shouldnt). I stop it set full fine (12:00). Take off in manual then as RPM hits 2300 just after take off hit Auto. If climbing at full throttle I just leave it in Auto.

If climbing at reduced ATA (like 1.25) I go Manual and set 2300RPM. As soon as combat looks likely Full throttle in AUTO. I fight in AUTO and generally combat cruise in manual with 2300RPM set. For general non combat sight seeing I just leave it in AUTO.

Once back in the circuit for landing I go manual and full fine (12:00)

That works for me.
Yea pretty much the same for me..I dunno maybe it was a one time bug, I'll find out again later, was positive people were talking about the auto pp in the game though...guess it was my imagination

S
Old 08-17-2012, 12:44 PM
Approved Member

I've had the same problem. The auto-pitch worked itself all the way down to 8:30 just after engine on. But taking of while on manual (and set at 12:00 or 11:30 by me), and shoving the automatic back in afterwards, fixed it!

I'm just not sure if there's ever any slat coming out in any situation. Everytime I try something even remotely hard-turn-ish, I stall and spin faster than the bullets fly. With engine torque or against it, it doesn't even matter.
And by general consensus, in RL, you gotta mean it if you wanted to stall the Me-109, in all incarnations...
Old 08-20-2012, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

S!

Yeah the E-4 auto pitch is somewhat bugged, but there's a easy fix for it. Just every time after starting the engine -> auto off -> manually adjust the pitch to some direction -> auto back on. Now it works properly
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack
Old 08-20-2012, 10:33 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Untamo View Post
S!

Yeah the E-4 auto pitch is somewhat bugged, but there's a easy fix for it. Just every time after starting the engine -> auto off -> manually adjust the pitch to some direction -> auto back on. Now it works properly
I understand that and have always done that anyway but this instance was different...still not convinced its working properly as it should and is given optimum performance
Old 08-20-2012, 11:39 AM
Approved Member

Well at least in my case it seems to do its job correctly, as in, with full throttle it will keep the RPM at around 2400 regardless of flight status(climb, dive, level).

EDIT: Now that you've said it, it started haunting me, does it really work that way. I'll have to test it tonight, or tomorrow
AMD 1055T Hexacore@3,4GHz - 2x4GB 1600MHz DDR3 - ATI 6950 2GB, flashed to 6970 shaders - Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit - 30" LG W3000H (2560x1600) - TM Warthog Stick + Cougar Throttle - wooden DIY pedals with Hall sensor - FreeTrack
Old 08-23-2012, 05:52 AM
Approved Member

S!

Okay, so I tested it again, and yes, it does work as I said.

Test:
Started engine. Prop pitch auto off, twitch it a little and then back on. Take off with full throttle, pitch stays at 12:00 for the take off and rpm at 2200 until speed builds up, then it reaches 2350.

Climb with full throttle 250km/h to 1km, rpm stays at 2350 the whole time. Engage "afterburner", climb to 2km, the rpm stays at 2400 for the duration of WEP after it drops back to 2350. Continue to 3km.

Level out and build up speed, rpm still at 2350. Engage WEP, rpm 2400, speed over 400km/h now. Go into a steed dive (full throttle as always), let the speed build up to 650km/h, rpm 2400.

Pull up near ground and go straight up until hammerhead stall back towards ground. I kept the throttle at full during the turn and rpm went down to 2200 because of the slow airspeed. Back to 2350 as speed builds up.

So... for (non-combat)climb and cruise I would say that it does a pretty good job. For combat situations you could take it off and have the engine rev at 2500 to get everything out of it, but lose some SA for monitoring the rpm and controlling the pitch.