Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > Gameplay questions threads

Gameplay questions threads Everything about playing CoD (missions, tactics, how to... and etc.)

Old 03-10-2012, 10:51 PM
Approved Member

Question Has the AI gone better or is it my imagination?

I regurally play the stock London mission flying mainly the 109, it seems that the AI is
better now. No longer the sitting ducks that use to be, they seem to react much quicker and better evasion manouvres.

Or is it my imagination? The latest patch has been a while ago.
Corsair 12GB 1600 Mhz
OZC SSD 120GB
Old 03-10-2012, 11:08 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloblast View Post
I regurally play the stock London mission flying mainly the 109, it seems that the AI is
better now. No longer the sitting ducks that use to be, they seem to react much quicker and better evasion manouvres.

it´s not the AI getting better, It is you getting worse...
Old 03-10-2012, 11:19 PM
Approved Member

So it's me then, pff.
Corsair 12GB 1600 Mhz
OZC SSD 120GB
Old 03-11-2012, 12:42 AM
Approved Member

Well, I reinstalled and was dismayed to find that the AI still rolled unrealistically quickly as a first defense
Old 03-11-2012, 03:11 AM
Approved Member

The rolling about is bad enough, but what really gets my goat is the situational awareness of the AI. It knows exactly where my site is aimed and it may veer close to it, but as soon as it gets within a fraction of an inch too close it'll barrel roll right around the site aim. So if I'm right behind the enemy and he's veering from left to right it will get close to crossing the aim site's trajectory it will then barrel roll, avoiding any shot because the nature of the barrel roll has no pinpoint axis so it literally rolls AROUND the area where my gun spray would go. It does it almost every time - especially in the G50. I feel like I'm playing a game of "Whack a Mole."

It's infuriating to see that is still in this game from IL2:1946. The AI is the only thing I have a real complaint about. It's bad enough that all other aspects that need work don't matter to me. After playing !L2 1946 post 4.11 patch and up till that time not playing CoD I was sorely disappointed when I finally fired up this game.

Fingers crossed it will be fixed very soon after the graphics upgrade.

Last edited by Robert; 03-11-2012 at 03:15 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 07:49 AM
Approved Member

Ai got better? The Ai is the main reason why this game is still unplayable. Bitterly disappointing.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:34 PM
Approved Member

I wouldnt say unplayable but its annoying
Old 03-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Approved Member

they have trouble to land even when alone, no survivors
Old 03-11-2012, 08:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloblast View Post

It's funny you should mention this..... I was thinking exactly the same thing lastnight whilst playing the bomber intercept over London. I've never seen them duck and weave like that! Usually it's like shooting fish in a barrel and they really made me work!

It can't be a case of me getting worse as I was never any good in the first place!
Old 03-11-2012, 08:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volksieg View Post
It's funny you should mention this..... I was thinking exactly the same thing lastnight whilst playing the bomber intercept over London. I've never seen them duck and weave like that! Usually it's like shooting fish in a barrel and they really made me work!

It can't be a case of me getting worse as I was never any good in the first place!
Artificial intelligence-they are learning all the time-soon they will take over the game then the world ........BEWARE!!!