Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 11-27-2007, 06:45 PM
Approved Member

Default 7.62 mm

Hi!

As a Brigade E5 'aficionado', I have been waiting for this game since I first heard about it a year ago. I have a few questions:

Do you have any news about the English release?
Will the upcoming add-on (7.62 Reloaded) be part of that release?
Will it be available for download?
And last but not least, will the not-so-popular Starforce copy-protection system be on it (like on the Russian version)?

Thanks in advance, and please keep working on that translation!
Old 11-28-2007, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

Hi!

As for the release date it's planned to release the game in June, but may be earlier.
As for the add-on, I can't tell you anything now, but i'll inform you about it as soon as possible.
As for the download, yes, certainly, it will be avilable in our on-line shop.
As for Starforce, it depends on the American/European publisher.
Thank you for your questions.
Old 11-28-2007, 06:49 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for the quick answer.

June you say, let's hope it will get out before that.
I also thought you would publish the English version yourself, I guess I was wrong. Any news about whom it might be? Perhaps SFI, like with Brigade?

Oh, I almost forgot. Any chance of an English demo of the game?
Old 11-28-2007, 06:54 AM
Approved Member

The publisher will be 505 Games. As for the demo, it is certainly planned.
Old 12-13-2007, 05:53 PM
Approved Member

Hi again!

I couldn't help noticing that your last reply about the name of the publisher and a demo has, hmmm, disappeared.

Does this mean that the company you mentioned before will not be publishing 7.62? There is a group of people eager to know more about the details of an English release. Please update us.

EDIT: And now the post has re-appeared, oh well.

Last edited by Barrabas; 12-14-2007 at 03:53 PM.
Old 12-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Registered Member

Default Let 'em be heard

Just chiming in to prove Barrabas that there IS an actual interest in this game (two guys at least already ). I loved BE5 dearly despite it's shortcomings, but i remember it was quite a difficult process to get it on the shelves here in Germany - the synchronisation took forever and ended up horrible nevertheless (adding to my anger pre-release "Just type the damn text, no need for speech files!" ).

Anyway, i don't care if the release will be german, english french, or any other western european language - i'm waiting white-knuckled for the release... any updates would be extremely welcome!

Oh, and btw: June? Dear GOD, who's translating this?
Old 12-15-2007, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

Great, someone else is here too!

So 505 are supposed to do the translating, right? I agree with Dosenben, it doesn't seem like they are in a hurry.

I and another guy over at the Strategy First BE5 forum wrote a message to 505 Games, trying to get some more info about the English release. That was more than two weeks ago, and they haven't answered either of us. A bit disappointing, I must say.

Surely, it shouldn't take half a year to translate and publish the game in English, should it? This is a truly unique, one-of-a-kind tactical game you are sitting on 1C. I can't see why you don't show some more urgency in getting it out to a western audience.

Last edited by Barrabas; 12-15-2007 at 06:15 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:21 PM
Registered Member

Default 7.62 mm

Barrabas - its simple - in Russia they can sell very low quality game product beacuse there is no option to bring games back to retailer if - You buy it - it's Your forever. So why need to pay beta testers - peoples payed money than send huge amout of errors - so to 7.62 already made 3 unofficial patches + Weapon mod (2nd version is included in first official patch - 3 rd entered few days after official patch was ready

So I really glad that soemone will play this as a game - not as a buggy something - Universal answer for bugs after patch - delete old saves + try to reinstall game + install latest patch only.

My own disk with 7/62 moved to trash. Im playing fantasy wars and waiting JA3
Old 12-16-2007, 01:57 AM
Registered Member

Sorry to say that, but believe me it's no big difference in Germany at least - although you can (granted, some luck is required) return your purchase to the retailer, the few remaining german game developers have had some extreeeeemely bad times. Crysis is another story (and not a purely german production), but check out "The Fall - last days of Gaia", "Söldner - Secret Wars", both "Spellforce", and last one of the few successful german franchises, "Gothic" - which found its sorry end in Gothic 3 - like the other titles an almost unplayable bugfest, always with a ridicolously hardware-hungry programmed engines.

What i fail to grasp is - russian / eastern european developers seem to be the last remaining with some sense of originality and fresh ideas, yet somehow their games never seem to reach the western markets successfully.

I just keep praying that 7.62 might avoid this fate... and i'm not hoping for JA3 to save the day. Once a title has been anounced / bought / sold / given up on too often, it normally stinks. Besides, with the title, you take up some kind of promise to live up to it's predecessor - and that's a rough ride with JA2.

As long as it's somehow playable... scrap the damn voice-overs and bring it over! *wince*
Old 01-31-2008, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Default From Canada, With Love!

I am eagerly anticipating 7.62!

Any news about the translation.. is anything getting anywhere!? What's Happening? Maybe there will be an english demo out soon!?

I have downloaded a russian version... that is how impatient I am! I cannot wait to hear it will be out in stores here in canada!!!!!

Any news will gladly be welcomed!

Many in the Strategy First Forum would gladly and eagerly want some!

Great work guys!