Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 03-13-2010, 04:42 PM
Approved Member

You can create some new 3d objects using 3D studio Max 5 with the export tool that exports the bones and stuff to a format the engine understands. Creating new maps is impossible, at least as the engine works now. What you can do is use an already existing map and add characters to it, objects like cars is still not possible, but it's being worked on by some very clever minds.

If you create a new map using an already existing one, it's just a matter of adding it to a file called RANDPATTERNS.INI in the WorldINI folder. It will then randomly turn up as a random encounter map. You can set up the characters and their actions in the new source code for that map.

The next version of the Blue Sun mod will prolly be released in a month or two, it all depends on how much new stuff I'll add. I'm just finished with a "Order weapon" script and that doesn't need much more testing. If I decide to add more missions, it'll take a lot more testing and it might postpone the release even more. And my Russian friends are still working on opening up new functions in the game, that might set it back further.
Old 03-13-2010, 05:16 PM
Approved Member

any chance on getting a beta version? or do you show it only in finished mode?
Old 03-13-2010, 06:47 PM
Approved Member

If you PM me your mail address I could send you a beta tomorrow. The reason I can't do it right away is this:

I've found another old mod that I can "borrrow" models from and am in the process of adding them. I hope you have the patience to wait

I can send you what documentation on scripting and modding I have(I replied here instead of the other thread you asked the question, YES, I'm THAT lazy)
Old 03-13-2010, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

THX a lot, i think there is no better tactical SPM 3rd person game, or is there anything comparable in quality?

I liked to play UFO: the aftershock, it had also a base management, too simply but stilla little extra economics to the game. But this has a lot better tactical game and is more individual

Still i miss a good game of this type with vehicles included. LIke moving in this game with a tank or atacking vehicle convoys with AT weapons, man that would be fun.

Btw the weapons look really nice although i tend to hold to something of multiple usage so i dont mind playing with something weak but precise and usable with multiple atachments. P.S. i keep a law launcher on one shoulder just in case
Tactics of a silent killer. Ahh the feeling of clearing a whole base singlehandedly (look like I messed the spelling here, don't know how to write it .-P )
Old 03-15-2010, 05:33 PM
Approved Member

thx for the manuals, the translation to english is quite simple with some msitakes luckily i can read russian so it compensates. It looks nicely detailed and the game looks quite editable, still i i will need some training and practice . Now I see what you ment with low possibility of AI modification. Some of this are nicely encoded, hate em for it But this game is still the closest to my idea of perfect game

Once more thx for the docs, and wish u luck with the mod