Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > 7,62

7,62 Tactical action game, sequel to Brigade E5

Old 12-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Registered Member

Default Bank in Puerto Viejo

I can't create bank account.There is no option from banker in bank of puerto viejo. I'm using newest BFX mod. Do i have to do any quest first,or is it some kind of bug?
Old 12-27-2009, 12:25 PM
Approved Member

There is no bank account in the vanilla game, nor in the BFX mod. But there is a new economy mod that adds that along with a stock excange and the ability to own buildings. It's still in the early development stage and I haven't had the time to try it yet, but if it works well I'll ask the author(guineapig) if I can add it to the BFX mod.
Old 12-27-2009, 08:09 PM
Registered Member

thanks for help, i was a big fan of BE5 so 7,62 is great game for me. I would appreciate it. It is really weird, bank account was in original BE5,i dont know why they didnt add it to 7,62.
Old 03-12-2010, 10:03 AM
Approved Member

I kinda share the feeling that bank acc gaved quite a diferent taste to the game, at least something social within it. Would be fun if the bank could be robbed like get som ski masks and go in. Building owning is quite an interestng idea. Would me nice to have an option to hire a made or someone else for doctor games .

Secondly it would need something extra to it. just owning the block is not very interesting. but maybe if there is a pc to get extra missions from. Or if there are people who now that u actualy have a 'stable' adress come to you for help - but also some maggots from jungle for revenge

Or maybe some gift in boxes or orders from shopkeepers. Yep the ordering system was also quite a miss. Maybe someone can implement it? Basicaly with options like :
I would like to order ammo for ...... for example some weapons are accesible early but u dont have ammo for them
I would like to order all possible addons for ....
I would like to order more of these guns...(basicaly would be nice if also there were some rare weapons that you can copy for the rest of the squad).
I would like to modify....(change the gun to its different version)
Old 03-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0a.Archangel.a0 View Post
Or maybe some gift in boxes or orders from shopkeepers. Yep the ordering system was also quite a miss. Maybe someone can implement it? Basicaly with options like :
I would like to order ammo for ...... for example some weapons are accesible early but u dont have ammo for them
I would like to order all possible addons for ....
I would like to order more of these guns...(basicaly would be nice if also there were some rare weapons that you can copy for the rest of the squad).
I would like to modify....(change the gun to its different version)
I'm currently working on something close to this, the engine limits has forced me to take this approach. As an example, I've made several new versions of the M4A1, with frontgrip, 7.62x39 ammo, 6.8x43 ammo and so forth. Since the game won't let me change model by attaching scopes, bipods and frontgrips, I need to either sell the modified versions in a shop or by having the player order them from a trader or other NPC. This might change soon tho, my Russian friends are working on a way to make ordinary items intractable. If this works the player could buy the upgrade kit, Frontgrip, new cartridge housing and the like, then just right-click to install it on the weapon. The source-code allows for that kind of thing, luckily
Old 03-12-2010, 10:52 AM
Approved Member

Nice, good to know. Looking forward as allways Your russian friend sare those working on hardlife addon?

Or some other modders?
Old 03-12-2010, 11:04 AM
Approved Member

Yeppers, it's the HLA guys that's working on it, and from what I've heard they're making some awesome changes to otherwise hardcoded functions. Deadhead is the one that taught me all I know about the game engine and scripting missions. The Blue Sun mod wouldn't be what it is if it weren't for all his help and knowledge.
Old 03-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

How much time consuming is modding of quests? Like if you want to create a quest GO-KIll-bring_proof. And secondly what kidn of mods are free to add to other mods? you know like something i can add to the game without it affecting modes from others?
Old 03-13-2010, 07:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
How much time consuming is modding of quests? Like if you want to create a quest GO-KIll-bring_proof.
This is a tough question to answer, it varies a lot. I'd say between 2 and 10 hours, depending on how complex you'd wanna make it.
You'd need a new character, with 3d model, face pics, ini file, source code file and inventory file.
You'd need an item as proof(a new item), which needs to be added to at least 5 of the ini files
You'd need to write the script for the mission, 200- 500 lines of code.
Then you need a lot of time to test it, tweak it and luckily everything works as it should.

Quote:
And secondly what kidn of mods are free to add to other mods? you know like something i can add to the game without it affecting modes from others?
It depends on which mods you're talking about. But as a rule, if both mods adds new items, it means they're using different sets of files in the INI folder. One could combine them to get it to work, but that means a lot of copy/pasta of the new items from one mod to the other.
Then we have mods that are only source code, they are usually compatible as long as they don't mess with the same part of the source code. A little editing of the \Quests\E1P\e6q.modinfo file can fix this if you're lucky.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

So basicaly if I create my own units and equipment with their specifications? they can be freely impleneted unless they colide with scripts of other things in the game?

This means that random encounters can be freely implemented? If i create my map with everything on it, it would fully operate as it is outside almost everything? Is this right?

feel free to correct me if a say some bullsh..I am mainly a 3D graphic worker and comand lines are still in developement in ym mind Trying to learn much, but it sucks like almost everything uses its own modified language. At least its good thing that most comands and scripts are very simialr or the same.

Btw, do you have any idea when will u release the next version of your mod?