Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Walkthrough

Walkthrough May contain SPOILERS

Old 02-28-2009, 12:45 PM
Registered Member

Default Stuck at first enemy

I've just turned the machine on and warmed up. Then after the dream sequence I walk back into the room with the large machine. There is an axe, bucket and fire extinguisher on the wall. The enemy drops down behind me, then swings his axe and knocks the other axe of the wall.

No matter what I try, I can't pick the axe up, he just kills me with one swing.

This has happened about 10 times now. Am I missing something obvious? This is getting really frustrating!
Old 02-28-2009, 05:11 PM
Registered Member

From what I remember, you should run away from the first monster you encounter. And if you are not talking about that one, make sure you heat yourself from one of the heat sources before going in the fight.
Old 03-01-2009, 10:08 AM
Registered Member

You walk up some short metal steps and the enemy drops in directly behind you. You cannot run away, and there is only a short walkway to move to. The first thing he does when swinging his axe is to knock the other axe off of the wall.

I think I'm supposed to pick this up but I can't. Just get hit with his axe and I'm dead.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Go to the path where was the dead body blocking your way up the stairs(right of the wall with axe, bucket and so....), follow the metal bridge and you will find the door with chains on its locks... so, this will be your first weapon, don't worry you will get the axe, but later in the game.
Old 03-01-2009, 01:32 PM
Registered Member

Thanks, that makes sense now!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomisco View Post
You walk up some short metal steps and the enemy drops in directly behind you. You cannot run away, and there is only a short walkway to move to. The first thing he does when swinging his axe is to knock the other axe off of the wall.

I think I'm supposed to pick this up but I can't. Just get hit with his axe and I'm dead.
You won´t get the fire axe that early