Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory

XIII Century: Death or Glory Real-time strategy game covering major battles of the 13th Century. Lead the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans or Kievan Rus' (Russians) to victory!

Old 03-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Approved Member

Default Somes bug

Happen that the cavalry can run across a infantry unit without take and receive losses if the infantry don't have received explictly the order to attack the cavallry. At the same time the infantry don't try to attack automatically the cavalry also if that pass cross the formation, but continue to march following the previous order.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:00 PM
Approved Member

Another: when i make "return to window" directly during a battle, the exe "Engine" continue to run in background.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:34 AM
Approved Member

It depends on the cavalry type. Knights can crash the infantry with minimal losses, as it's elite forces? But when they get a resistance the losses come. As for the orders only the units, that get in touch with the enemy, begin to fight.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
Approved Member

As for th engine.exe, aren't you pressing alt+tab when it happens?
Old 03-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
It depends on the cavalry type. Knights can crash the infantry with minimal losses, as it's elite forces? But when they get a resistance the losses come. As for the orders only the units, that get in touch with the enemy, begin to fight.

No it is regular cavalry; that you describe i see and i think it is a correct concept; but in my case the two units appear don't see one with other. No damage one with other, simply the single cavalrymen run in the middle of pikes and the pikemen continue to march without fall.
The case is happen when the cavalry squad in very loose order but the pike are in normal formation.
Old 03-31-2008, 06:17 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
As for th engine.exe, aren't you pressing alt+tab when it happens?
No. now happen also from when i exit from the main menu.
Old 04-01-2008, 08:33 AM
Approved Member

Well, now it's clear.
There is a feature called "mixing". This means, that sometimes units pass through each other. It was created to save the PC resources. But units pass through each other only in some specific cases. E.G. when cavalry passes through the infantry at a pace, but it would be crashed at a gallop. Also when a cavalryman passes an infantryman and he doesn't manage to make him way, it's animated like the cavalryman passes through the infantryman. Also the passing through is possible when the cavalries tilt each other at high speed, but it depends on the angle they face each other. They would pass through each other only if the angle doesn't allow them to attack each other.
But in the addon this feture will be removed and the battles will become a bit more realistic.

Thank you for your questions, feel free to ask more.
Old 04-01-2008, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for information Evgeny. I'm a ERP software programmer and I know that the user it is a "difficult beast".

About the engine.exe, probably the problem is linked a to some particular setting of my PC, so no happen over any machine, and for a expert user it is not a problem (I stop the process from tasks manager) but for a novice can be hard understand why the CPU continue to run.

I think also the possibility to set manually the IP to use with multiplayer game is a important modification to do.

THe game function with directplay? it is NAT-friendly (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...s811085.aspx)? You want create a own proper lobby or use gamespy (I hope not this last solution )?