Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory

XIII Century: Death or Glory Real-time strategy game covering major battles of the 13th Century. Lead the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans or Kievan Rus' (Russians) to victory!

Old 03-07-2008, 08:14 PM
Registered Member

Default Game runs very bad :(

I bought the game yesterday and the performance is very bad. I have an average framerate of 17-24 fps!!? In very low and very high settings. It is always the same fps!

My system:

Windows Vista
Core 2 Duo @ 2,8 GHZ
Nvidia 8800 GTX OC
2GB Ram
Soundblaster X-Fi

Medieval II runs everything on high smooth!!!!

So will there be a patch soon or some hints to solve the problem!? Does anyone have the same problem?
Old 03-07-2008, 08:22 PM
Registered Member

As far as i was aware this game has not been released yet , so how come you have bought a copy???
Old 03-07-2008, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

I live in germany and the release date was yesterday the 6.3.
Old 03-07-2008, 09:44 PM
Registered Member

Smile

Many thanks for reply. how do you rate this game against MTW2? Do you think the graphics and game play are as good?
Old 03-07-2008, 10:14 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollard View Post
Many thanks for reply. how do you rate this game against MTW2? Do you think the graphics and game play are as good?
MTW2 seems a lot better because 13th Century is at the moment unplayable for me. Maybe because of Vista?! I dont know!

The Units and the battle-animations of the units in MTW2 are looking a bit better but the terrain looks better in 13th Century. Another thing is the sound of the game. It is compared to MTW2 very thin for example when arrows hit a unit, in 13th century u hear as good as nothing, in MTW2 u hear the hits of the arrows and the screaming of the people. But maybe I have problems with the sound too???!

But I think that 13th Century is more strategic!

I tried everything today to run the game smoothly! Im not a noob!!

Last edited by Novaliz; 03-07-2008 at 10:16 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:36 PM
Registered Member

Novaliz - Thanks , very interesting, what frame rate did you get with MTW2? I have a similar spec system yo you , but i dont have vista. My Frame rate with MTW2 is 25fps but i can not run on everthing on high settings , usually medium. I have followed total war series since shogun and am here as awaiting patch for Kingdoms. This game looks good, but i thought the fight scenes looked a little "Disneyish" ie not realistic when one unit struck another.
How much does xiii cost in Germany?
Old 03-08-2008, 12:39 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollard View Post
Novaliz - Thanks , very interesting, what frame rate did you get with MTW2? I have a similar spec system yo you , but i dont have vista. My Frame rate with MTW2 is 25fps but i can not run on everthing on high settings , usually medium. I have followed total war series since shogun and am here as awaiting patch for Kingdoms. This game looks good, but i thought the fight scenes looked a little "Disneyish" ie not realistic when one unit struck another.
How much does xiii cost in Germany?
My settings are the highest u can have in MTW2 even the unit number is the highest + 4 AA and 8 Anisotropic Filtering and 1680 * 1050 Resolution = average FPS 40 lowest 25 highest 70!

Im playing the Total War Series since Rome: Total War and I like the Game. I bought every expension. I play Kingdoms too and it runs very well!

The fight scenes look in fact a little "Disneyish" in 13th Century But I think the game has potential because of his strategic factor. When u mark a unit a big table pops up with everything that effects the unit f.e. flanking cover, moral, damage etc... its very nice but it runs so bad on my system with every settings!!! Thats not fun!!!

Where are u from? The game in germany costs me 49 Euro!

Last edited by Novaliz; 03-08-2008 at 12:52 AM.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:17 PM
Registered Member

Novaliz - Thanks for info - I have looked at your pc specs again and i have to admit your system is better than mine as i'm running pentium 4 at 3.6ghz (not duo core) and my graphic card is a geeforce 7600gt , also have 2gb ram running on xp. I thought duo core didnt make that much difference in MTW but it must help as no way could i run on full specs and get a decent frame rate in large battles.

The XIII Century sound promising and i will await its release here in England UK. I am surprised you are getting such a slow frame rate in XIII Century as one of the attractions to me is that my system should handle it easily from their advertised system specs. I want to upgrade my system to quad core eventually but am determined to hold out until i see how my present system will run Empire TW when it is released later this year. One of the reasons for holding out so long is it is costing me a fortune in pcs keeping up with the demands MTW series demands to play the game at an acceptable level.

This time round i'm going to wait and see what the feed back is on best pc for Empire TW before i upgrade, and i am even considering building my own pc

Last edited by bollard; 03-08-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:18 AM
Approved Member

set last new driver to video-card
Old 03-09-2008, 12:03 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARIAN View Post
set last new driver to video-card
I installed the newest Driver (169.25)