Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory

XIII Century: Death or Glory Real-time strategy game covering major battles of the 13th Century. Lead the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans or Kievan Rus' (Russians) to victory!

Old 11-21-2007, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

Also, you can visit our site for this game and find out smth more.

http://xiiicentury.1cpublishing.eu/
Old 12-07-2007, 09:52 PM
Approved Member

Will be there more factions and campaigns in the future, or just the five shown in the web?

Being a Spaniard, I miss Castile and Aragon. I also miss some muslim faction like Otomans, Ayyubids or Almohads; also Timurids, Sicily and Byzantium, Genoa, the Hansa... any of those would add even more colour and variation to the game.

The game looks very deep and promising, I'm very interested on it.

Last edited by DuxCorvan; 12-07-2007 at 09:55 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 07:25 AM
Approved Member

Well, actually, I can't tell you anything on this right now, but I can tell, that we lay stress on the online part of the gameplay, it's the main point of the addon.
Old 12-21-2007, 07:08 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny View Post
Well, actually, I can't tell you anything on this right now, but I can tell, that we lay stress on the online part of the gameplay, it's the main point of the addon.
online part sounds good!!! Do you have any facts? At least many maps and 4 players versus 4 players are important.
Old 12-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Registered Member

i am an avid player of the total war series and i know very little relatively about this game. i have noticed some say it will have a multiplayer aspect but i have not seen if it will have multiplayer from the game reviews i read.

will the game have a multiplayer aspect?

if it does this would be a grand opportunity to grab a strong customer base from the total war community as many are very dissatisfied with how the mp community has been neglected there.

the ingredients are all here for the making of a grand multiplayer game so long as the network coding is done properly. the problem with the last two big games (rome and m2) from creative assembly is that they used a horrible network coding which made it difficult for various kinds of isps and firmware to be compatible with when accepting packets of information.

other problems came from an unexplained battlemap lag, desynchs, log on failed, cannot join game.

a large amount of the problem is that the former games customer base demands a lot of eye candy (single players) while the other demands balance, good connection and no lag. (mp)

of course with feb soon on its way i would doubt this comment would be too late to taken into consideration.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

There is a multiplayer so you can buy the game and enjoy it.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

Will there be a swiss faction? If not, will there be swiss pikemen, or swiss guards? These were a very powerful military force of the era.
Old 01-28-2008, 09:51 AM
Approved Member

Well, actually, the majority of famous events concerning swiss army. They became significant military power in XIV century. That's why the swiss won't be presented.
Old 02-07-2008, 02:59 PM
Registered Member

Is there cooperative multiplayer of

1) human team vs human team and ideally also
2) human team vs AI? (Total Annihilation, C&C Tib Sun 2, Warcraft I-III, Supreme Commander, Comp of Heroes, etc.)

It's a beautiful looking game. I'd love to buy it if it had option 2 above. Me and a million others plus most of the MTW community hehe..

Last edited by wayspooled; 02-07-2008 at 03:02 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 07:43 AM
Registered Member

The biggest issues (game-breaking issues, actually) for me with the Total War series, are the exaggerated kill-rates and unit-speed.
As far as I can judge from the videos, XIII suffers from the same issues.
Will it be possible to mod these things? Can we tone down the kill-rates and unit-speeds ourselves or are these tings hardcoded?

Over all, though, the game looks interesting - and it's nice to see Activision getting some competition.
Good luck!