Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory

XIII Century: Death or Glory Real-time strategy game covering major battles of the 13th Century. Lead the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans or Kievan Rus' (Russians) to victory!

Old 10-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Approved Member

Default Answers to your questions

Well, you've asked some questions in different threads, so there are the answers.

The system requirements for the game are:
2,2 GHz;
512 Mb RAM;
Video card of the level of GeForce 5600 or Radeon 9600;
Sound card;
2 Gb of free space at hard drive;
DirectX 9.0c.

The opportunity of scenario creation is implemented. There is a Custom Battle mode. For deeper customization the scenario editor is included in the game.

The random scenario generator isn't implemented, but there are battles, that need high tactics and complicated manoeuvres.

Thank you for your questions, ask more!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:59 AM
Approved Member

Also, I asked the developers to release the screenshots without such zoomed view, but with the gameplay view, as you wanted.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:27 PM
Registered Member

Thanks for the reply, Evgeny. I'm happy to hear that we will be able to create our own battles --that's a big plus for us "wargaming types."
Old 11-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Registered Member

Thanks for infos,do you know if the game will be more optimized of medieval 2? cause that game is too slow on old pc when there are a lot of units...an old xp2600+ with a 7600gs and 2gb ram could handle xiii?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:16 AM
Approved Member

The game is very well optimized and can work with very wide range of hardware. As for the req's (old xp2600+ with a 7600gs and 2gb ram), it will hadle XIII Century easily. Thank you for your questions.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:13 AM
Registered Member

Thank to you for your speed , when do you plan to release a beta-demo?
It's more easy to suggest corrections
now XIII is on my wishing list!

p.s.For me animations and graphics are on the same level of MTW2 I'll recommend you to cure the pathfinding of units in all type of grounds,for example in MTW2 the pathfinding AI sucks in forests or in complex castles,,it's very frustrating to see your knights blocked running against a stone-wall while enemies charge you ! and avoid cannons or powder !!! and another req naval ships,i know that i claim the impossible but if you can provide

- Good AI
- Naval Battles
- Decent multiplayer
- Good Replayability

This game will rock !
Old 11-13-2007, 10:44 AM
Approved Member

Thank you for your advice. As for the beta-demo, it's certainly planned, i'll inform you when i get some more info on it. Stay tuned!
Old 11-17-2007, 09:39 AM
Registered Member

Can you post some images of the interface panel of the game ?or a video of a skirmish instead that zooming screenshots ?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Registered Member

Yo.

ive been keeping an eye on this for awhiel now. But I dont really know much about it. For example....will there be a campaign?
If so..what will it be like?? Like M2TW??? or you just do battle after battle??

WIll the game be like older RTS games..where you start a new game..build your houses..warehouses...mines..get yourself a barracks and stables and slowly build up your forces..or will it be just a simple method like M2TW?? pick your units and off you go?
If it is like that..I must say..its a BIG step for anyone to go up against the highly successful CA for there TW series! What do you hope to get out of this?? From what I have seen..It looks so so so similar to M2TW!

Judgeing from the videos, the cavalry with the lances look a bit off! they all just barge through each other without bounceing off other horses or anything...and the numbers just dropped and dropped in seconds!! iam not to sure about that!

BEST part of the clip was when heavy infantry were fighting each other...the pushing and sliceing..looks like some hollywood material going on there! very impressed with that! But of course..how often will you see the same animations?? like in M2TW...the thing that I hated was seeing the same death animations over and over again and same hollywood style kills..it just got boring so quickly!

NOW..on a more technical note! How powerful will this game go...what I mean is...will this game use Shader Model 3.0??
Will it feature HDR??
Particles?
any kind of physics engine?
Post Processing?
DirectX10?

If I wanted to play the game on MAX settings..what system should I have to be capable of playing in on max settings?
Old 11-21-2007, 06:55 AM
Approved Member

Here are the sys reqs.

Windows XP;
Processor: 2,2 МГц;
RAM: 512 Мб;
Video card of GeForce 5600 or Radeon 9600 kind;
Sound card;
HDD: 2 Gb;
DirectX 9.0c.

As for your question about ht e gameolay, the game is just a combat RTS, you don't have to build barracks and so on.
Thank you for your questions.