Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory

XIII Century: Death or Glory Real-time strategy game covering major battles of the 13th Century. Lead the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans or Kievan Rus' (Russians) to victory!

Old 10-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Registered Member

Default Game won't run on a 2.66 Ghz Quad Core?...

Hello all,

I just joined the forum. I recently purchased Empire Total War, and I've been looking at other games available through Steam's Web Store.

I've noticed that this game, XIII Century, and other strategy games, have processor requirements of 3.0 Ghz or more, with a dual core recommended.

I'm confused by this. I have an Intel Q9400 2.66 Ghz Quad Core processor and an Nvidia GTS 250 video card. How can this setup be too slow to run these games?

I would like to buy XIII Century and also Dawn of Discovery, but again they both have the 3.0 Ghz processor speed requirement.

I don't understand how the processor requirements work. Am I right that my processor is too slow to run XIII Century and Dawn of Discovery? How can this be? Is a dual core 3.0 Ghz dual core processor actually faster than a 2.66 Ghz quad core?

Thanks in advance,
Mike
Old 10-24-2009, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

Nope Dual Core is not faster. And requiremenents are not always accurate to be honest.
Old 10-25-2009, 09:04 AM
Approved Member

Hi Campaigner

The game has a recommended of 3 gigaherz or intel core duo. This doesn't mean the quad core is not good, simply the game will work with him like he was a dual core.