Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Walkthrough

Walkthrough May contain SPOILERS

Old 05-27-2009, 02:36 AM
Approved Member

Default Stuck in "Ties" when trying to "save" one of the dead soldiers.

Hello.I'm Menicus from Greece.I've been enjoying the game very much, but unfortunately I'm stuck somewhere early in the "ties" level.
I'm at the room where I'm supposed to save-undo the mistake of the soldier who gets shot after letting a prisoner climb up the pipes.The problem is, everything is happening really quickly for my reflexes-lol-, and I haven't yet figured to what exactly is the proper action.Here's what I'm doing:
Upon starting the sequence, and getting control of the character, I immediately crouch and get the tool-"french key"?, and rush to apply it to the ladder control mechanism.I climb up, but by the time I have climbed up the second ladder, it's allmost too late.I try to rush to the control that is as the left end of the corridor, as in the right end stands the guard,but just in case I'm doing things right, the guard detects me,starts firing on me, and I have option of handling the control.
I'm desperate, I don't know what to do.Plus, for some reason, while all other keyboard commands work fine, I can't allways make my player run, and the the walk/run toggle doesn't work.I have tried selecting a different key, then reseting the keyboard configuration nothing.

Please, consider helping me.It was a lol-ing situation at first, it has turned to a wall head banging one now.

Thank you.

Menicus.
Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 AM
Registered Member

I am having the exact same problem.
Old 07-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Registered Member

I was stuck on this spot as well. The solution is that you're not supposed to put the "wrench" on the ladder control. If you're facing the ladder, to your left is a broken pipe that's radiating heat. Put the wrench on that. This will prevent the guy climbing the ladder from being shot. He will ascend, then shimmy against the wall and lower the ladder that you were putting the wrench on the first few times you attempted this sequence. When he does that, you can climb the ladder, then climb the second one up to the level of the guy with the machine gun. Take care to walk slowly, and hug the wall to avoid being shot. Eventually, machine gun guy will disappear into the next room, and you will have completed the mental echo successfully. Hope this helps.