Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > The Tomorrow War > Technical issues

Old 05-01-2009, 05:20 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy bugs/problems so far

-missing combat chat (i saw a post about it and a future patch to adress it)

-chocolate translation missing (if you talk to a bartender, leave the cantine, enter in the cantine again and talk to the bartender again you will eat a chocolate bar and say something about it... in 4 o 5 different phrases all in russian)

-missing subtitles (even with subtitles on there's about 50% of dialogs without subtitles, and some out of sync, too fast or too slow)

-missing clouds (even with the clouds option on, there's no 3d clouds like the ones in the youtube videos or trailes... only the bitmaps that belong to the space view of the planets)
another developers mistake: in gold.ini there's
SIDE0 = ./Resources/clouds_00.tga
SIDE1 = ./Resources/clouds_01.tga
SIDE2 = ./Resources/clouds_02.tga
SIDE3 = ./Resources/clouds_03.tga
SIDE4 = ./Resources/clouds_04.tga
SIDE5 = ./Resources/clouds_05.tga

but instead in the resources dir there's a clouds folder with a cloud.tga

-main reactor bombing mission (maybe it isn't a bug, but without the missing dialogs i can't figure out how to blow the main reactor... i blow the dome, enter inside the asteroid... see the giant white thing but i unloaded all my torpedos and nothing... even after i unloaded them i fly away and it's still there) figured out thanx to divebomb

-Some bartender dialog subtitles in russian (in terra fuego base)

-Secondary missions after mission 7 are all in russian... even the objectives, so we'll have to guess where to go and what to do...

-untranslated ship names, HUD messages, weapons

-missing script error in the "american football" mission... it's not a recurrent bug

-Missing translation on racing mission (thanx merrowind to point it)

-phantom asteroid fields: sometimes regions of an asteroid field dissapear in front of your eyes when you use orbital engines, and if you accelerate or slow down they appear again... i had to do some heavy maneuvers to avoid those "magic" asteroids... if you fly with auto pilot in the asteroid field when that happens, you are dead.

-audio mixed/joined with other dialogs... man if i were they boss i'll be soooo pissed off and ashamed... the engine and almost all the game is from a russian firm, so C1 only had to translate and do english voices and text, maybe change a little texture to english... but they didn't take the effort of check their own work... the file voice_19_05_03.ogg has at least 4 lines of dialog from other dialogs... and chopped...

can't play beyond mission 29... when the game load the mission 30, windows crash it because a DEP infraction (DEP = Data Execution Prevention. a security feature included in modern Microsoft Windows operating systems that is intended to prevent an application or service from executing code from a non-executable memory region.) A new nail to the game's coffin?
That kind of thing are espected from a unnofficial translation (like some japanesse game translated to english from fans, to fans, free) but man, u r charging for a game with missing textures, dialogs, unfinished translations... it's a really great game but seriouslly put some effort... did u guy checked the final version before release?

Last edited by ampuy; 05-04-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

The bomb button is the first of the three in the lower right corner of the screen. Now, keep looking for bugs!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Approved Member

Mission 3 after the meteor shower has a gamebreaking bug. I always die with exploding engines no matter what I do.
Old 05-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer View Post
Mission 3 after the meteor shower has a gamebreaking bug. I always die with exploding engines no matter what I do.
with the missing dialogs seems like a bug but is part of the game... after the metero shower u crash into the planet, find a alien cristal and u r rescued... just sit and wait... u'll have to wait for 1 or 2 minutes of silence
Old 05-02-2009, 02:19 AM
Approved Member

i'd say this game is actually incomplete with bug testing but 1C Company decided to start selling to the market. they leaves debugging job to players so they cant save on $$ and time to do it themselves. they just need to browse the forum for bugs and come out with patches.. Debug while playing method =.= ... alot game companies now are using this method as well nowadays i've noticed.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampuy View Post
with the missing dialogs seems like a bug but is part of the game... after the metero shower u crash into the planet, find a alien cristal and u r rescued... just sit and wait... u'll have to wait for 1 or 2 minutes of silence
Thanks it is working now. I just do not get it they released the game in such a condition

Last edited by Killer; 05-02-2009 at 07:24 AM.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:56 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryuujin View Post
i'd say this game is actually incomplete with bug testing but 1C Company decided to start selling to the market. they leaves debugging job to players so they cant save on $$ and time to do it themselves. they just need to browse the forum for bugs and come out with patches.. Debug while playing method =.= ... alot game companies now are using this method as well nowadays i've noticed.
true, true... that kind of methods are the ones that hurt the plattform the most. Not the piracy, but fault products. If a game is good and well maked the gamer buy. If the gamer have to PAY and WORK as betatester for FREE instead of enjoying the game, then the gamer won't buy.
Old 05-02-2009, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

Default Missing translation on racing mission

Missing translation on racing mission:
when choosing a fighter all 3 names are in russian.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:24 PM
Registered Member

WE have waiting...and now...we all have a BETA Version(seems like as)?????? After so many years??????????
Translatin errors/no translations...bugs bugs bugs....
Graphical errors/Missing Details (Bad clouds and and and....)

this was my first and last game from C1 that i have buyed
The Programmers seems like to drink to much Vodka by making this Game.....Beta...Demo..or somthig that is it!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrowind View Post
Missing translation on racing mission:
when choosing a fighter all 3 names are in russian.
i forgot to mention that