Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Fulqrum PublishingGames > The Tomorrow War > Technical issues

Old 04-28-2009, 04:00 AM
Registered Member

Default Control issues

Hello there

I am having an issue when I try to bind "planetary thrusters decrease/orbital thrusters decrease" to "Joy 0 axis Z Positive" (right analog stick down) I can bind that joystick action ("Joy 0 axis Z Positive") to other commands.

additional: it doesn't seem like I can bind any analog joystick action to that specific command.

Thank you!
-GI
Old 04-28-2009, 08:06 AM
Approved Member

I think it needs a slider. Throttle binds OK to the throttle axis of my X45, but you can only set either acceleration or decceleration to do so (which just determines direction).
Old 04-28-2009, 09:43 AM
Registered Member

My problem fits to the topic so i will post it here. I use a Saitek Cyborg evo force. But the game wont recognise it. Ive checked the box in options, both joystick use and force feedback. I have driver (v. 6.0.4.1) installed properly. It works not for some reason.

RAM: 4 GB
MB: Asus P5NE - SLI
GPU: Gforce 8800 GTS 320 MB
CPU: C2D 4300 @ 3 Ghz

PLZ help, because i dont want to play the game with mouse.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

I don't think it needs a slider 'cause I can bind an analog stick to "planetary thrusters increase/orbital thrusters increase"

just not "planetary thrusters decrease/orbital thrusters decrease"

I think its a glitch
Old 04-28-2009, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

this fit here but its not joystick problems.

for some reason i cant reassign mouse scroll in game and manually editing Keys.ini to this

[MouseEvents]
Key0Pos=64
Key1Pos=65
Key10Pos=27 (org:66 Change weapons up 27=speed up)
Key10Neg=28 (org:67 Change Weapon down 28=speed down)

then only one of them will be assigned in game and pressing apply and then checking the file again and find that "Key10Neg=28" has disappeared

changing the numbers around and the other one disappears.

Oh as a tip to those wondering about reassigning joystick buttons try if manualy editing the keys.ini works you only need to figure out what "key#pos=" is related to wich button on the joystick and what "=#" is related to what action
Old 04-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalidea View Post
I don't think it needs a slider 'cause I can bind an analog stick to "planetary thrusters increase/orbital thrusters increase"

just not "planetary thrusters decrease/orbital thrusters decrease"

I think its a glitch
You are trying to use two controller stick directions for the same purpose as you would two keyboard buttons; one for accelerate, one for deccelerate. Throttle controls don't work like that, speed is set by where in their range you leave them.

The solution, if your controller is programmable (most are) is just set up a profile, profiling the stick directions you want to the default keyboard commands.
Old 04-29-2009, 12:54 AM
Registered Member

that is logical however, I can't bind any analog stick to the "planetary thrusters decrease/orbital thrusters decrease", even if no other action is bound to the stick, tried it on 3 controllers now and on 2 computers.
Old 04-29-2009, 02:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalidea View Post
that is logical however, I can't bind any analog stick to the "planetary thrusters decrease/orbital thrusters decrease", even if no other action is bound to the stick, tried it on 3 controllers now and on 2 computers.
Hiya,

Sorry, having checked this I'd misremembered how this works with the HOTAS, you can't set "planetary thrusters deceleration/orbital thrusters deceleration" (which I assume is what you meant); you actually set acceleration, but determine negative-positive or vice versa depending on which way you move the slider.

I'm afraid you are trying to do something that isn't meant to be done; the speed control is intended to be assigned to a HOTAS throttle or throttle wheel. It's one linear control scale, not seperate 'faster' and 'slower' buttons. The only way you will be able to do it with a controller is to map the relevant stick direction externally to the keyboard commands.
Old 04-29-2009, 03:19 AM
Registered Member

k, that makes sense, I used controlMK and now it works as I wanted it to.
Thanks!!
-GI
Old 10-31-2013, 02:41 PM
Registered Member

Default Nice

I do think it requires a new slider. Throttle binds FINE to the throttle axis regarding my personal X45, nevertheless, you can certainly only established possibly velocity or decceleration to do so (which simply just decides direction).