Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory

XIII Century: Death or Glory Real-time strategy game covering major battles of the 13th Century. Lead the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans or Kievan Rus' (Russians) to victory!

Old 04-10-2008, 03:02 AM
Approved Member

Unhappy English Campaign

I'm stuck on the second battle [Falkirk] of the English campaign. I've tried a number of different approaches, but the Scots continually kick my butt. I even brought my entire army around to their rear, in order to avoid having to approach through the swamps, and took out the Scottish cavalry with my heavies, but I'm still unable to overcome the huge bodies of pikemen, with the excellent support of their archers.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:14 AM
Approved Member

Replay of battle at Falkirk: http://www.mediafire.com/?i1iv1wlmd1m (2.39MB)
Old 04-10-2008, 03:14 PM
Approved Member

Marian,

Thanks a lot! I'm going to check it out right now.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Unhappily, the replay will not load. I played a quick game and saved it as a replay, then attempted to load my replay, and it worked perfectly, but the "bitva pri falkirke" won't run. My version of the game is in English [The North American version, I think]. Is that why the Falkirk replay won't load? Is there any way to get around this?
Old 04-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Approved Member

What is your game version ? I have 1.1.0.
You must take bitva pri falkirke.rep from an archive and put replay in C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My dokuments\XIII Century\profiles\your profile name\replays

Last edited by MARIAN; 04-10-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:54 PM
Approved Member

Marian,

I have build 1.1.0 also. And I had already saved a replay of one of my games so I could see where to put the Falkirk replay [the same place that you said]. It shows up in the list when I go to "Load Replays," but, when I select it and click on "Load" nothing happens.
Old 04-10-2008, 05:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrothgar View Post
I'm stuck on the second battle [Falkirk] of the English campaign. I've tried a number of different approaches, but the Scots continually kick my butt. I even brought my entire army around to their rear, in order to avoid having to approach through the swamps, and took out the Scottish cavalry with my heavies, but I'm still unable to overcome the huge bodies of pikemen, with the excellent support of their archers.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks.
Hi Hrothgar

My solution for win was:

1 - go with all the army (but not the irregular cavalry) on the rear
2 - win the scottish cavalry
3 - place on the hill back the scottish army the infantry and the cavalry
4 - move the archers in large formation at very close distance from the pike circles. So the enemy archers cannot hit my heavy troops, and my archers can destroy the moral of pikes.
5 - when a pike circle lost the head, he tryes to hit the archers, moving in square formation, at this point my inf and cav charge destroying him. the same for all other circles
6 - when the circles are destroyed, i make charge the archers from the irregular and infantry.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:27 AM
Approved Member

Mitra,

Thanks for the hints. I guess that in previous attempts, I didn't move my archers close enough to the pikemen to cause enough damage. It was still a close thing, but I was able to win the battle and advance to the next one--which doesn't look any easier, by the way.

Grazie.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:32 AM
Approved Member

Prego