Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory

XIII Century: Death or Glory Real-time strategy game covering major battles of the 13th Century. Lead the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans or Kievan Rus' (Russians) to victory!

Old 10-06-2007, 04:27 PM
Registered Member

Default Feedback on XIII Century

Screnshots look good - however if possible add some variety to the units in terms of appearance. Sega's RTW units always were identical - but they changed that in M2TW - if really makes a difference in terms reality. Also - please make your battle editor be able to create/select map landscapes in a reasonable manner. I create customized historical battle scenarios for RTW and M2TW - and it is sometimes very frustrating trying to pick the right battle field landscape because you cannot preview the landscape before hand.

Regards

Yankee1950
Old 10-06-2007, 06:26 PM
Approved Member

I actually noticed they do have variety, but their units are based on lances and bodies of men belonging to the same lord. Thus you see differences in helmets and clothing but not shield and tunic colours.

I agree though that unit variety would be good, in real medieval times Lances were small multirole units that split up to join their unit types for battle. A Knight might bring 10 spearmen, 2 crossbowmen and two squires to battle with him. Before battle they would split up and form with their equivalents from other lords. Thus unless the lord was really important, whole units would not have his arms on their shields
Old 10-14-2007, 04:09 AM
Registered Member

The video was great,I see that you guys are more historically correct with the armor of the time then mtw2.The animations looked decent....some of the animation at some points looked a lil unrefined.The pikemen did in the knighs pretty good also.What I'm wondering is will this have a good campaign mode like mtw2 has,if it does and the developers keep improving this game,I'll buy it.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:48 AM
Approved Member

Yeah, there will be a decent campaign mode.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:46 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evgeny
Yeah, there will be a decent campaign mode.
What I suggest is..a Byzantine Campaign if that if possible.The fourth crusade and the split of the Byzantine empire would be very interesting if the player was allowed to be the Nicean Empire.