Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > XIII Century: Death or Glory

XIII Century: Death or Glory Real-time strategy game covering major battles of the 13th Century. Lead the English, the French, the Mongols, the Germans or Kievan Rus' (Russians) to victory!

Old 09-18-2007, 02:20 PM
Approved Member

Default What do you think about the game?

We are very interested in your opinion on our games and wish you tell us what you think about XIII Century: Death or Glory. What are you waiting from this game? How do you like graphics, gameplay, sound, advantages, disadvantages and so on. Feel free to express your thoughts.
Old 10-05-2007, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Hi,

The screenshots look interesting. But it doesn't say much about the game. Most important is a multiplayer mode! But I cannot find anything about it. I play Medieval Total War 1(!) many years. At the moment it is the best game of this kind. If you have the focus on the game play and you implement a multiplayer mode with 10k possible soldiers, 4 vs 4 matches, a really impressive battle simulator ( not the graphics, I mean the features like different weapons with different impact, balanced units, moral and so on) and many maps, you will have the best game on the market.

When will you release a demo?

EDIT: One thing about the screenshots. These screens are only for marketing. Nobody will play in that camera view. Please show us more screens zoomed out! And the programmer should never forget, that we have to play zoomed out. E.g. MTW2 looks terrible zoomed out imo. One of the reasons, why I don't like it. The graphics should be useful for the gamers and not only for the marketing department
Old 10-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Registered Member

After much frustration with M2TW, I've been watching this game for awhile.

What can you say about system specs, Evgeny?

And how will this game ensure replay-ability? Will there be scenario creation tools? Random scenario generation?

Best of luck to your team, and I hope I'll be visiting this website for many months to come!

ps. I'm a professional writer and editor, and I do some translation. Let me know if you need somebody to help with manuals, etc. My rates are reasonable.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:34 PM
Registered Member

At a glance your website does not have enough information about the game to make me think it will stand out as anything other than a copy of Medieval 2:Total War....and honestly this would probably be the only target audience that would try your game. I love M2TW and so you have some big shoes to fill in. I and most other M2TW players would most likely at least try a demo of your game but if there is none and there is nothing that makes it stand out more than M2TW I would say most of us would not buy it. Not trying to shoot your effort down but its gonna be an uphill battle for you guys.

On the other hand there is a nich that a few have tried to fill in but have failed miserably with this type of game and that is with the fantasy genre. I would be the first one to buy a game that plays just like M2TW but with a Age of Mythology, Lord of the Rings, or Warhammer Fantasy Battle type of back round (The old Kohan series was nice back in its time). So far most have just made RTS games out of those IPs and one tried at Warhammer Fantasy Battle recently but it wasn't a great game. I wish you guys luck on this and hope you succeed. I will be watching this as it developes
Old 10-06-2007, 04:34 AM
Registered Member

There are many who are hoping this game can offer what the Total War series currently doesn't - a decent multiplayer experience. I think that if the multiplayer is done right(balance, no lag, statistics), then this game has a good chance of having a sizable fanbase. Many total war players quit playing those games because the multiplayer experience has been so pathetic the last few games. This game has been discussed a great deal on multiplayer community sites.