Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Men of War > Technical issues

Technical issues Technical problems and solutions

Old 07-18-2017, 05:06 AM
Approved Member

Default Crippling game freezes on loading of save game - Men of War

Based on how dead this forum is, I expect I won't get a reply to this, which is a shame as I've only just found this game and I really really like it. Sadly, it's impossible to play as 3 out of 5 savegames I make won't load properly and the game locks up completely as soon as the world loads in. I've played the first mission which took hours and many saves, and it was fine (I'm playing on hard). But the Evacuation mission reaches a certain point, around 80% of your objective to load the train, and from then on, any save will not work. I just tried loading up the autosave from 10 minutes earlier in the game, and it worked, so I played through it again only to find the problem happened again, breaking several of the new saves I had made.

At this point I'm at a loss and will have to just stop playing.

Edit: Never mind, it seems to have been just that one mission; so far the ones following have been fine. This game is awesome!
Old 08-05-2017, 04:18 AM
Approved Member

Default This is a more active forum for Men of War

Steam - Men of War - forum

http://steamcommunity.com/app/7830/discussions/

There is also more recent Men of War Assault Squad and Men of War Assault Squad 2.

The original Men of War game was remade to Men of War Origins to Men of War Assault Squad 2 higher quality standards last year in 2016.

They are all on Steam games.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Oh man! Thank you for your suggestion, I had totally missed this one. This will be great to play once I complete the original. I'm having a total blast playing it I have to say. Playing on hard is just the most thrilling and intense single-player experience I think I've ever had in an RTS. The enemies are so intensely unforgiving that it forces you to play in such a tactical and thoughtful way.

Needless to say I'm champing at the bit to get to Vietnam; that's gonna be sweet.
Old 12-15-2023, 10:53 AM
Registered Member

Default Thanks

Thank you for your suggestion.