Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll > RNR Questions

RNR Questions All questions about game.

Old 01-23-2011, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

That’s why I read up on any driver I want to hire. All of them I subject to a week of game time trial. If they make me good money, I keep them. Regardless of truck expenditures. If she was making $50K a day, and spent $15K on gas, I would keep her/him.

As to your second sentence... that sounds logical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameking47 View Post
Perhaps your time limit has gone out
You need to read some postings. This was covered in post #109.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 01-23-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: Merged Posting Into One.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:35 AM
Registered Member

I've run across another problem, and I don't know if it has been discussed before, but I can not find anything about it anywhere. When you purchase a truck, let's say an extra truck, it wont let me choose the trucks for other drivers. they are automatically assigned a truck, and for some reason they are using a truck I don't want them to use. Any way around this? I click on the button next to the truck name in Manage Drivers, and it only shows that one truck, and not a list to choose from.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Again thanks in advance.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-06-2011 at 02:41 AM. Reason: Moved To The Proper Thread.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:44 AM
Approved Member

As far as I've been playing, your hired drivers will choose the truck. This is one reason why I only purchase one extra truck, upgrade it, and then hire a driver for it. Otherwise it's just a matter of pot luck.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:25 AM
Registered Member

I did that, but when i went to switch my trucks from the one i was driving to the one i bought, the drivers i had drove the truck i was driving, and I didn't want them to.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Approved Member

You've misunderstood me. You have to buy a truck before you hire a driver. Then switch trucks, and use the new one to upgrade. The old truck will be listed at the top, and the new one on the bottom. Then hire a driver, and they will drive your old truck. You don't get to choose which truck they drive if you have more than one truck available on top. Therefore it's best to do this one truck, and one driver at a time. Don't hire the driver until you're satisfied of the switch.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-06-2011 at 10:45 AM.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:30 PM
Registered Member

My problem is that i have 3 trucks a FLD120, 9500 and my Argosy. When I buy a new truck and switch the new one to me, the driver that was driving the Argosy drives my previous truck and the other driver stays on the 9500, while my Argosy is not used. Basically I don't want the drivers driving trucks with mods as that costs more for repairs. At least that is how i understand the game physics.
Old 03-06-2011, 04:07 PM
Approved Member

If you have 3 trucks in reserve, and 2 drivers. The 2 drivers will randomly pick 2 of the 3 trucks in reserve. You have no control over this. One truck will remain unused until you hire a third driver, and they will once again randomly pick their trucks.

Without both of us running around in circles, here is my point. Don’t have more drivers than trucks. Don’t have more trucks than drivers. When you have fully upgraded your truck, go to the office, and buy a new truck, putting the upgraded truck in reserve. Hire a new driver to drive the upgraded truck, and you upgrade your new truck. Repeating this porcess over, and over until you have the fleet, and drivers you want.

Having a truck in reserve is a waste of time, and money without a driver, and having a driver without a truck will drain your funds.

You should be letting your drivers use the upgraded trucks to have them make the optimum amount of money, be happy, and loyal. Driving an truck without upgrades will cost you more in the long run. Would you want to work for a company that kept giving you a crappy truck. Sit back and think about that for a minute, and you’ll realize it’s best to have your drivers using upgraded trucks.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-06-2011 at 04:12 PM.
Old 03-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Registered Member

Default New Truck

hi everyone, i'm playing RnR a long time, but i don't know how to buy this truck in game. Who can tell me what i have to do to buy this truck. Thanks all ^^!
----
this's truck which i wanna buy, i can't post image to 4rum
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?c1cn8j21cm14uxb
Old 03-10-2011, 12:30 AM
Registered Member

I'm curious about the "Felonies" that appear on prospective drivers' resumes.

If they have felonies, are they likely to be denied certain assignments once they reach a warehouse?

Or could it be that a driver with a ranking in (for instance) the low 700s who has committed a felony will perform at the level of a felony-free driver ranked in, say the mid-900s?

In other words, are prospective drivers with a "Yes" in the "Felonies" box less desirable, as they may be denied some work, or are they more desirable as employees, as the stigma of their criminal records may be artificially lowering their ranking (and consequently the wages you need to pay them)?

Another possibility is that it makes no difference at all, but if so, I can't see why the extra bit of programming required to include this feature was deemed necessary.

There must be a reason for the inclusion of this bit of driver data...right?

Tangentially, I would like to note that I may finally have made a post in the correct thread. Imagine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuallyDiesel View Post
When you purchase a truck, let's say an extra truck, it wont let me choose the trucks for other drivers. they are automatically assigned a truck, and for some reason they are using a truck I don't want them to use. Any way around this?
If you've got two drivers, one with a high percentage of wins and the other who handles fragile loads well, and two trucks, one with a maxed-out engine and base suspension and the other with base engine and maxed-out suspension, the competition driver will tend to gravitate toward the faster truck, and the other toward the one with more load protection.

This is with truck selection set to "Auto". You may also set the truck selection criteria for each driver manually.

In the "Manage Drivers" window, you will see a "Truck Selection" box (I think that's what it's called...shockingly, I don't have R'n'R going right now), with a button marked "Auto" at the bottom, and three sliders inside, one each for speed, load protection, and wear.

If you have a driver (Driver A) for whom speed is the primary criteria in truck selection, move the "Speed" slider to the right.

If you have a driver (Driver B) who doesn't win many competitions but has a high fragility rating, move the "Load Protection" slider to the right.

(This assumes you have already adjusted their assignment settings)

Suppose you have a third driver (Driver C), who does pretty good in competition, and handles fragile loads as well as Driver B, and a third truck. You'd want to set the "Load Protection" slider to the right in Diver C's settings as well, and you'd also want to set the "Speed" slider towards the right as well, although perhaps not as far as you did for driver A.

So, if you move driver A's Speed slider all the way to the right, and load protection all the way to the left, his truck will be selected based on speed, with no consideration to load protection.

If you move Driver C's Speed all the way to the right as well, but move load protection even slightly away from the far left, speed will be just as big a factor in choosing a vehicle, but it will choose the fastest vehicle with the best suspension (or a compromise thereof).

This will give them the best truck for the job...or in any case, it will give them the truck that best matches what you have determined are important characteristics for each driver to have in a truck.

Note: Setting "Speed" all the way to the right may not translate into a driver getting the fastest truck. It just means that speed is a greater priority in assigning that driver a vehicle.

If your drivers are selecting trucks based primarily on speed, and the truck you would like to keep in reserve as your own is the fastest one there, they will be assigned that truck, as it is the most efficient allocation of your company's resources.

EDIT:

Here's a potentially useful tip: Before you park your personal reserve truck, downgrade the engine or suspension (whatever feature they're looking for when they take it). Then, once you want to drive it again (using the My Truck button), take it to a truck stop and have the upgrades re-installed. The truck shops always reimburse you in full when you downgrade to a lower-priced option, and only charge for parts on upgrades (labor is apparently free), so you won't lose any money by doing this.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-10-2011 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Merged Postings Into One.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mockba123 View Post
hi everyone, i'm playing RnR a long time, but i don't know how to buy this truck in game. Who can tell me what i have to do to buy this truck. Thanks all ^^!
----
this's truck which i wanna buy, i can't post image to 4rum
http://www.mediafire.com/i/?c1cn8j21cm14uxb
Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Where did you take this picture, or see this truck? I don't remember it in R'n'R, but it does look like one in 18WoS.

@Strummer,
Please don't double post. If you have something to add, use your 'EDIT' key to edit your original post, or to add comments. Also I have not noticed any real advantage, or disadvantage with regards to the “Felony” issue you posted. It could be that they get more tickets than other drivers with clean records that would result in lower income due to fines, but I’m only guessing. If your felony driver is making a good positive cash flow, then I wouldn’t be too concerned with it.

Your other post about drivers is very useful, and informative. I have posted a similar version some months ago along with another member. However, sometimes it just doesn’t always work when you set the “Auto” button off. They still tend to select a truck at random to a certain degree, but will try to conform to your settings if they are not similar in your criteria settings. This is why I max out all my trucks, and let them pick. It also has less repair cost, and down time. The only thing I adjust is the type of load I want them to do such as Racing, Fragile, Long/Short loads. This way it doesn’t matter which truck they pick if they are all at maximum. It works best for me, and their income is way up, especially when I pay a little more in wages to keep them loyal.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 03-10-2011 at 05:13 PM.