Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-18-2010, 08:20 PM
Approved Member

Default Moderation

Totally over the top. You can stop the threads and delete posts nearmiss, be as anal as you like about it, the forum is now next to useless and not worth a visit.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:26 PM
Approved Member

Osprey is right....

c'mon, its not that bad reading the OT post i nthe updates you end up learning some good stuff about the era and others.

at least that was a nice way to feel up 10 mins of my life per day.

big miss on this policy, nearmiss....
Old 12-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
Totally over the top. You can stop the threads and delete posts nearmiss, be as anal as you like about it, the forum is now next to useless and not worth a visit.
Damned if he does damned if he doesn't. There was a massive thread where everyone asked him to be more severe with the threads going off topic, soon as he does what people ask you start whining.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

The update threads appear to have a useful life of about three days. I don't think Olegs pays much attention after that.

It would be nice to know if Oleg has a two or three day window in which he looks and answers. One of my frustrations has been that I don't even know if he's read my questions. If we knew he would not be looking/answering after, say, day four the moderators could be hard nosed up to that point then let the rest of the members get on with it. They die with the next update anyway.

I have learned the hard way that those threads fan out in all directions after a few days and 'Topic' becomes irrelevant. I'd just let them run after that as there purpose ages out very quickly.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 12-18-2010, 09:33 PM
Approved Member

going from 0 to full its not goign to work out, a balance is needed. Closing the thread after one day ? what do you expect people to tal kabout during 6 days

Keep the abusive stuff out of the pot, kick people for a weeks, anyway, knowing the police here, i feel that myself will be taking a vacations due to finger-easy admin.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meusli View Post
Damned if he does damned if he doesn't. There was a massive thread where everyone asked him to be more severe with the threads going off topic, soon as he does what people ask you start whining.
People asked for more moderation to make the update thread more useful. I don't see how locking the thread will accomplish that. I'm also wondering about the definition of "off topic" that is applied here when even comments on the update like this are unwanted. But apparently the policy changes daily now so who knows what we can post tomorrow...
Old 12-18-2010, 09:36 PM
Approved Member

I think it is a good decision, this also creates a more specific and more deeply discussion about a single issues which the thread starter pointed out, I think this leads to a more organised discussion, that is, when people stay mature.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

I always felt the moderation level was about right till now. 24 hrs and locked, is weird for sure...maybe nearmiss has reached his breaking point, responding to the pressure of that poll.

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 12-18-2010, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kraken View Post
People asked for more moderation to make the update thread more useful. I don't see how locking the thread will accomplish that. I'm also wondering about the definition of "off topic" that is applied here when even comments on the update like this are unwanted. But apparently the policy changes daily now so who knows what we can post tomorrow...
Sometimes it takes harsh action once in a while to get people to tow the line. You all asked for moderation after he let everyone have a free hand in the threads for a long time, he does what you ask now your are all moaning. I have seen children with better manners.
Old 12-18-2010, 09:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
I always felt the moderation level was about right till now. 24 hrs and locked, is weird for sure...maybe nearmiss has reached his breaking point, responding to the pressure of that poll.
Probably.

People should lay off of Nearmiss, he is just doing what the majority of the community asked for. It was self imposed in that sense. It sounds like he doesn't want to keep monitoring the thread for a whole week and has limited it to one day. I think for what has been asked of him (a near impossible, thankless, and time consuming task), that's fair.

Splitter