Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elguapo123 View Post
One of the complaints I've read a few times is the frustration with the rudder requiring a twist of the stick. A few have said it really leaves their wrist aching. Does it bother the rest of you too? Or do you just get used to it?
I haven't had that happen to me... yet But unlike PedroTheGoat, I didn't put a tennis grip around my stick. I think it's fine the way it is, but some problems here and there, that could be fixed or so. But no aching of my wrist yet.

Also@ PedroTheGoat: Your welcome for what I guess I told/taught you? I didn't even know I was giving lessons ......Maybe I should have been paid LOL
Old 09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soviet Ace View Post
I haven't had that happen to me... yet But unlike PedroTheGoat, I didn't put a tennis grip around my stick. I think it's fine the way it is, but some problems here and there, that could be fixed or so. But no aching of my wrist yet.

Also@ PedroTheGoat: Your welcome for what I guess I told/taught you? I didn't even know I was giving lessons ......Maybe I should have been paid LOL
Your contributiona to the "Why Spitfire so popular" thread have made me a more knowledgable Goat by far. And your other posts seem to be filled with super knowledgable stuff too.

I could always pay you in some .50 shells online... But I think you own a PS3.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:49 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
Your contributiona to the "Why Spitfire so popular" thread have made me a more knowledgable Goat by far. And your other posts seem to be filled with super knowledgable stuff too.

I could always pay you in some .50 shells online... But I think you own a PS3.
I own both consoles, and will probably buy BoP for both (Not at the same time, money is expensive). Just incase one console goes down, I always have a back-up.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I own both consoles, and will probably buy BoP for both (Not at the same time, money is expensive). Just incase one console goes down, I always have a back-up.
Then feel free to add me on XBL.

Gamertag is pretty easy: PedroTheGoat
Old 09-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
My wrist would get fatigued pretty quick until I wrapped a tennis grip around the stick. Now it doesn't bother me at all.
Thanks Goat.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:29 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
And you too Ace
Old 09-09-2009, 11:51 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for this threat, I got the game today am stuck at work until 11 but I ordered the Aviator-02 last night.

Sooo I should get it by Friday or Tuesday at the very latest
Old 09-09-2009, 07:15 PM
Approved Member

For those with the aching wrist (I type all day and flying at night was killing me):

Do that zip tie mod. You can greatly reduce the force required to tip the stick, and adjust that to your liking. Made the dead zone easier to handle as well.

Weaken the rudder spring! This made the biggest difference for me. It took too much force to hold rudder, which really hurt my wrist (carpal tunnel sucks!!). I disassembled the stick, and removed the spring from the mechanism with the analog pot in it. I then held it just enough open for the ends to still hold the pot arm (measure then hold with needle nose pliers) and heated it with a torch to release the tension.

Once reassembled the difference was night and day. I can aim so much easier and smoother, and can play more then 30 min without my wrist starting to hurt. Took less then a half hour from start to finish!
Old 09-25-2009, 01:33 AM
Approved Member

Hey Pedro, it looks like you couldn't figure out what to do with those two black semi circular pieces that come in the box either... or did you?

They snap together into a solid circular piece that seems like it might go at the bottom of the springs or something but doesn't really fit into place there.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:49 AM
Approved Member

Those pieces go at the base of the stick as a hand rest.
It's too low, but that's the idea.