Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > FMB, Mission & Campaign builder Discussions

Old 08-12-2011, 03:13 AM
Approved Member

Default Dynamic Campaign Released

I thought this iteration differed enough from my JG51 campaign that it deserved its own name and thread.

This is a dynamic campaign for IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover. It is not a hack or a mod and is completely safe to use if you fly online.

At the moment, it only creates missions suitable for fighters. See the INSTALL.txt file for instructions on how to install the campaign.

Highlights include:

-Four different mission types.
-Two areas of operations.
-Victory tracking.
-Configurable AI skill and numbers.
-Configurable campaign length
-Choose your squadron, airfield, and aircraft.

I am looking for suitable artwork for the "battleSuccess" and "battleFailure" pages.

Airwarfare.com Download
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DynCampaign0.jpg (194.5 KB, 635 views)
File Type: jpg DynCampaign1.jpg (421.0 KB, 505 views)
Old 08-12-2011, 04:30 AM
machoo

Havent tried it yet but awesome work.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:10 AM
Approved Member

Good work look forward to checking it out, I need a bit more practice that is for sure, these syndicate guys keep whoopin me.

That min and max AI does that include all aircraft or just enemy aircraft?
Old 08-12-2011, 06:57 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwkill View Post
That min and max AI does that include all aircraft or just enemy aircraft?
The minimum and maximum values apply to all AI aircraft except the players flight.
Old 08-12-2011, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

Thank you!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:23 AM
Approved Member

Looks good. Glad someone has the time to explore the capabilites of the new engine, since Maddox Games clearly doesn't. They are too busy fixing it and adding other things.
Old 08-12-2011, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Hi! Great work as usual!

Is it possible to take this campaign to MP server side? Say every 20 minutes a new 40-60-minute mission will launch from specific airfields. Players would receive briefing upon spawn on a particular field.

This would make a perfect "coop" server. Players would know that every 20 minutes a new "coop" starts. If someone finishes his mission earlier he could fly a short "dogfight" mission from a more close airfield.

I believe CloD engine allows any offline campaign to be played online with minor changes, i.e. spawnpoints and onscreen briefings added.

Last edited by Ataros; 08-12-2011 at 08:00 AM.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:05 AM
Approved Member

thanks TheEnlightenedFlorist
i really enjoy the campaign
Old 08-12-2011, 09:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ataros View Post
Is it possible to take this campaign to MP server side? Say every 20 minutes a new 40-60-minute mission will launch from specific airfields. Players would receive briefing upon spawn on a particular field.
I didn't look at it too much, but "41Sqn_Banks" tool seems like a better fit for that.
Old 08-12-2011, 09:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEnlightenedFlorist View Post
I didn't look at it too much, but "41Sqn_Banks" tool seems like a better fit for that.
It does not work online yet as far as I know.

Ideally I wish all offline campaigns are developed with online use in mind. The game engine took away differences between coop and dogfight and can do the same with off- and online differences.

If it is too much work for offline campaign creators maybe someone would write a script or addon for servers to allow them running offline campaigns as online ones in MP. Creation of spawnpoints can be scripted. The only thing that would require human input is writing briefings for the opposing side as they are not written for offline mode. However creation of a simple briefing can be scripted too.

If this toolbox is available a convention among campaign makers can be created to follow some technical standards to make all campaigns compatible with this server side addon.

Just imagine that you can fly all available offline campaigns together with your friends as a "coop" and against real opponents. This is where real power of the CloD engine would itself.

Last edited by Ataros; 08-12-2011 at 09:51 AM.