Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 12-15-2007, 07:53 PM
Approved Member

I think the fact that a SU-26 will be included with Bob, is a indication of a very confident Oleg Maddox, in regards to fm of that aircraft....who knows about the spits, 109's, etc. time will tell I quess
Old 12-15-2007, 08:55 PM
Approved Member

I hope they will not use the SU as base model or we will have heavy SU FM style in all.. same as IL2 style of all planes, The act some how all the same.

lets see what it will be..

I'm very glad that they do include a plane like the SU .. many acrobatics pilots will be happy...if it's well done.

http://www.gozr.net/iocl/
Old 12-16-2007, 03:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfish View Post
What you may not remember is that so many people complained about the need to constantly trim, outrageous torque and so on that they toned it WAY back down......and if I recall correctly he stated then that what they had tried was much less then actual.
....It's the realism or best approximation of it we can get that I enjoy, not whack-em and stack-em arcade play.
You can have some peace then. The idea that Oleg detuned the FM is just a superstitious belief. His statements I believe are best interpreted as a defense of the torque, saying in effect that if anything it was undermodeled instead of overmodeled. The rest is placebo effect. Oleg will aim for realistic torque in Bob.
Old 12-16-2007, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Red face

how can this be if ya can not pull heavy G,s above 350kph in diving turns in IL2

Last edited by JG27_brook; 12-16-2007 at 09:22 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 10:48 PM
Approved Member

FM must be a eternal beta, with revision everytime find a new detail to improve, we cant stay waiting 6 months for fixes, FM is the "heart" of realism.
I believe in future FM softwares will help to do new SOW FMs, based in technical details, than personal vision from another planes pilots.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:17 PM
Approved Member

Great read about the 109!

I once flew with an old 109 pilot that had gotten to old to fly (the doctors complained about his heart so his license was revoked) - so I flew with him in his own plane "for the record" (a Grob). He flew in the air - but he left the landings to me... He said that he was getting to old for it and anyway he still had bad memories landing since his early days as a pilot with the 109:s during the war.

He told me that he was trained late in the war with a lot of other 18 year old "kids". They never got hold of flying the 109 and where scared all the time - most about the landings! Half of his squadron where killed starting or landing and when I asked him if he shot down any allied plane he just laughed... No way he said, I fired at some but I don't think any bullets where near their intended targets.
Old 08-22-2010, 02:01 AM
Approved Member

I bet his story is probably the more common one. From what I've read the vast majority of kills were made by aces, and most of the rest by guys who got two or three (probably clearing the aces tails, I bet). Most got nothing, I suspect they were much too busy not dying to be able to concentrate on getting hits.

I'm also with the full real team, I don't care if it takes me weeks to re-learn how to fly my 109 if the flight model is accurate. I'm of a mind, though that perhaps some kind of sliding scale method of toning down the flight model might be better for those who are less keen on dying over and over again, than the typical "turn off engine torque" type on-off switch you see all the time in games.

While I'm sure that there will be plenty of whining, I'll bet that Oleg blows us away.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:24 PM
Approved Member

I also hope we get the most accurate flight model possible, perhaps the game should an "experten" button which only works if you have passed flight school and which then would give full manual control and workload for your ride. It would be a bit elite online though!
Old 08-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Approved Member

I hope the multiplayer system will remain the same - I would hate to "lead the ping" and not be able to determine if I hit or not, before I'd see damage... Let alone lagging in the way its seen in most other games, where the server "brings the game back" to the pont when everyone was still in.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:22 AM
Approved Member

I remember (4.04b i think) "test" version for future FM, with lots of inertial moves, very hard to aim,and not easy take off and landing (for all planes i try), IMO the closest FM to RL as i "feel" in my low experience in real planes.

I like real FM as pc could simulate, like "experten" FM... if people dont like it, easy, down difficulty tab one step.

I think Oleg and team know very well this questions, and make the best possible solution.

PD. Sorry for uglish

Last edited by AA_Absolute; 08-23-2010 at 07:31 AM.