Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-03-2010, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F19_lacrits View Post
I'm suspecting Oleg and crew has a nice bank account filled with some spare cash. Companies have gone under not being able to get products to the market.. Some thing will have to happen before the bank account runs dry. So the question is how long Oleg and crew can hold out releasing the product from a business point of view.. I'm sure the crew is not working for bred and water, only Oleg will do that! At the same time, I wonder how much is coming in to Olegs bank account from other titles, BoP, IL2 etc.. ? Maybe that's enough to keep the ship from sinking for a conciderable future? We all know Olegs passion for perfection, I suspect if Oleg would be the almighty gawd we would never see the game in our life time because Oleg would always have some thing else on the list to get done before it's ready.
BoP sales on consoles were pretty good and they must have made some money from that. Also Gajin Entertainment (console devs) are due to release an Apache 'simulator' on consoles next month and this looks like it may use the same engine as BoP so they might generate some cash from that too. (I'm just putting 2 + 2 together here.. could be a 5!)

Publisher wise I think 1c may have fallen out with Ubisoft because they released Heroes over the Pacific on consoles instead of BoP. The Apache game is published by Activision.. It could be anyone!?

Last edited by winny; 09-03-2010 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

Actually, I don't believe Oleg made any money from sales of BoP. A package price of a agreed amount that was paid in the beginning for permission to use engine or code seems much more likely to me. Any further than that Gaijin can do what they want.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOM.Nausicaa View Post
Actually, I don't believe Oleg made any money from sales of BoP. A package price of a agreed amount that was paid in the beginning for permission to use engine or code seems much more likely to me. Any further than that Gaijin can do what they want.
Hmm bummer for them if it's true.
PS3 version has Maddox Games and 1c staff mentioned in the manual, they could have been on a royalties/licence deal?

then again maybe that's why WoP was released. That was BoP v2 and seemed to come out of nowhere. Might have been a money gathering exercise.

I just hope that whoever publishes SoW understands that people are passionate about Flight sims. We've all got some emotional attachment to the subject matter in SoW (just by being a member of this forum shows that),
which is one of the reasons why people get so heated in here! We want a publisher who's in it for the long term, and are willing to let the title grow organically instead of the usual 'game every 12-18 months, sequal syndrome cash cowing approach' of most publishers. 1c need to get worldwide!
Old 09-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by winny View Post
Hmm bummer for them if it's true.
PS3 version has Maddox Games and 1c staff mentioned in the manual, they could have been on a royalties/licence deal?

then again maybe that's why WoP was released. That was BoP v2 and seemed to come out of nowhere. Might have been a money gathering exercise.

I just hope that whoever publishes SoW understands that people are passionate about Flight sims. We've all got some emotional attachment to the subject matter in SoW (just by being a member of this forum shows that),
which is one of the reasons why people get so heated in here! We want a publisher who's in it for the long term, and are willing to let the title grow organically instead of the usual 'game every 12-18 months, sequal syndrome cash cowing approach' of most publishers. 1c need to get worldwide!
+1 And I know that the team understand that there is a vast market of people who are passionate about flight-sims.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Approved Member

I would be surprised if 777 Studios don't make a bid to be the publisher.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:09 PM
Approved Member

To be honest I think SoW BoB will be published via 1C, period. The day Oleg and Ubi split, was probably the day Oleg went for auto financing via 1C revenues, from IL2 and the other games they publish, so that he could have the pressure from Ubi or other "outside house" publishers off his back. Makes no sense now to bring a stranger back into the deal if you see what I mean?
Old 09-03-2010, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
To be honest I think SoW BoB will be published via 1C, period. The day Oleg and Ubi split, was probably the day Oleg went for auto financing via 1C revenues, from IL2 and the other games they publish, so that he could have the pressure from Ubi or other "outside house" publishers off his back. Makes no sense now to bring a stranger back into the deal if you see what I mean?
Fingers crossed..
Old 09-03-2010, 01:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
That would make sense.
However...a group like 777 could help to expand SoW in different directions which could, quite simply, be awesome.
Old 09-03-2010, 01:33 PM
Approved Member

Are you sure Ubi has dropped Storm of War?

www.stormofwar.com
Old 09-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150GCT_Veltro View Post
Are you sure Ubi has dropped Storm of War?

www.stormofwar.com
Just a old and forgotten web domain from 6 years ago.