Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Well they've missed the 70th B o B commemorative period now so if they have any business sense they need/MUST get MAJOR advertising out in Oct to build up for Christmas.There is a recession on and spending power is going to be hit hard.If someone can only afford 1 item then this lot will be struggling for sales.
If they don't start announcing or showing more progress soon i fear they will miss out big time.
Old 09-03-2010, 08:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Seriously guys IMHO SOW is still a long way off hitting the shelves, there is nothing that we have seen so far that suggest a release is forthcoming. However the work being done is superb and im sure it will all be well worth the wait.
+3

Flying online as Setback.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

Ubisoft have made it clear in a recent published interview that they will only be handling existing tripple A titles (Assasin's Creed etc) for the near future and will not be publishing any new products.
They burnt their fingers with Silenthunter 5 and their CEO stressed "It is better to invest in an existing successful title than to risk money on five or six new titles with very little chance of recovering your money."

So Ubisoft are out. (Something most of us have known for a while.)

So who else is big enough to risk money on a new flight sim. Obviously 1C in Russia, but in the west we have few big players left.
EA Games is most likely the best bet.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:09 AM
Approved Member

Still a long way to go yet. As a close observer of Maddox Games for more than a decade, This time next year is my reasoned estimate.
Old 09-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

Why do people get uspet at Tree's posts? I agree with him, but he is only making an educated guess. Until an official statement, we can only estimate at our own will.
peronsally, I know I'll see the sim one day, but I'd love it to be a polished release, rather than a game rushed to the shelves.
Either way I'll buy it and play it

Last edited by philip.ed; 09-03-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:04 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip.ed View Post
I know I'll see the sim one day, but I'd love it to be a polished release, rather than a game rushed to the shelves.
Either way I'll buy it an play it
You are preaching to the minority who are already converted,you must reach the masses who would not have heard of it.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

I'm suspecting Oleg and crew has a nice bank account filled with some spare cash. Companies have gone under not being able to get products to the market.. Some thing will have to happen before the bank account runs dry. So the question is how long Oleg and crew can hold out releasing the product from a business point of view.. I'm sure the crew is not working for bred and water, only Oleg will do that! At the same time, I wonder how much is coming in to Olegs bank account from other titles, BoP, IL2 etc.. ? Maybe that's enough to keep the ship from sinking for a conciderable future? We all know Olegs passion for perfection, I suspect if Oleg would be the almighty gawd we would never see the game in our life time because Oleg would always have some thing else on the list to get done before it's ready.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by F19_lacrits View Post
I'm suspecting Oleg and crew has a nice bank account filled with some spare cash. Companies have gone under not being able to get products to the market.. Some thing will have to happen before the bank account runs dry. So the question is how long Oleg and crew can hold out releasing the product from a business point of view.. I'm sure the crew is not working for bred and water, only Oleg will do that! At the same time, I wonder how much is coming in to Olegs bank account from other titles, BoP, IL2 etc.. ? Maybe that's enough to keep the ship from sinking for a conciderable future? We all know Olegs passion for perfection, I suspect if Oleg would be the almighty gawd we would never see the game in our life time because Oleg would always have some thing else on the list to get done before it's ready.
Add to that income from all the Theatre of war titles. They all use the IL2 engine.
Not to mention il2 1946 is still on sale
Old 09-03-2010, 10:17 AM
Approved Member

Tree, like Cassandra of Troy, is cursed with the gift of prophecy.
And like Cassandra, Tree is cursed so that none will believe him.
Old 09-03-2010, 10:22 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Tree, like Cassandra of Troy, is cursed with the gift of prophecy.
And like Cassandra, Tree is cursed so that none will believe him.
Rubbish, it's simply nothing more than being bored of his constant repitition.