Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer_EAF19 View Post
Would it really be hard to animate horses? Mount & Blade managed it and that's made by a team of two. Wouldn't need to be magnificently detailed (or maybe it would, to match the magnificent close-up detailing of the other ground vehicles). X-Plane's managed to have huge flocks of seagulls to fly into (another source of catharsis, even if it fatally breaks my aircraft most of the time) all rendered in 3d without frame issues.

its not that its hard to implement rather the time required to complete the animation. walkcycles from a techincal perspective are amoung the most difficult and time consuming jobs for animators. Quadruped walkcycles are even more tricky to do well. watch Shrek u never see more than 1-2 sec of donkeys legs animated in a particular shot....animating seagulls is nowhere near as difficult.

Don't get me wrong I think it would be a nice feature i personally would like to see more animated life in general occuring within the game. It really adds to the players immersion. However its always a trade off between time money and priorities and at this stage i think its more about polishing than production.
Old 09-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTE_Galway View Post
Poster 1: "The German horses in SOW are under-modeled, they move too slowly."

Poster 2: "Rubbish they are fine where is your evidence."

Poster 1: "German breeds were known for sturdiness and had 5 different gaits, here is a link ... ".

Poster 2: "Wikipedia does not count as evidence they make it up as they go along, and anyway the Wehrmacht horses were not the good breeds and were half starved."

Poster 1: "Rubbish here is a report from an SS Artillery Officer comparing Soviet and German transport horses in 1943 ... "

Poster 3: "Actually its not the gait that matters its the nature of the tack and rigging and US Army horses were far fitter and better suited than either."

Poster 1: "Not for European conditions they weren't, German horses excelled in cold climates."

Poster 2: "You made that up troll ... plus the Nazi's mistreated horses everyone knows that .. "

Poster 1: "Your mum smells like a Troll and so does your face ... "

Poster 1: "Fascist ... "

Poster 3: "Your all commo hippies ... "
ROFLMAO, that's pretty much how it would go. Pure win in that post. If you had put "elderberries" somewhere in that post I would have lost bladder control lol.

I will not be shooting horses. Commo hippies though..... Did they have commo hippies in WWII? Could they be seen or smelled form the air? Can you still see them when they are hiding behind unrealistically large trees? Now I am going back to rethink my position on gore.

Splitter
Old 09-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Approved Member

Smile

WTE_Galway That was hilarious, at first I thought you were arguing with yourself. LMAO

Last edited by Hunden; 09-02-2010 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2010, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

Splitter, did you know, the horses used by the Wehrmacht were all commo hippies?
Old 09-02-2010, 10:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dozer_EAF19 View Post
Splitter, did you know, the horses used by the Wehrmacht were all commo hippies?
Ok, forget everything I have said then. Now it's just a choice between incendiary or AP....

Splitter