Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-31-2010, 06:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunden View Post
Oh now you've done it, expect to hear a reply from madfish (cuddlefish) about the inhuman and cruel treatment of animated animals in a war simulator. Why don't we throw bubble gum at each other instead. You people crying about no nukes, no nukes, or how dare you shoot at that cute furry animal. Why don't we all go play with our Barbies now. For crying out loud this is a war simulator we're talking about or am i mistaken. Aren't there any other flight sims for the faint of heart. Why are flames modelled in this sim, not to mention bullets and bombs. Aren't we afraid of hurting someones feelings. You little girls make me ill. Just thinking out loud, hope i didn't offend anybody.
There are plenty of xbox games where blood thirsty kiddies get to wander around chainsawing limbs off dead corpses. They are generally the same brats that flame people in online forums and start fights in online game servers.

There is a perception that this is "what the market wants" partly because online game reviews are written by the same immature brats. Hence even though the biggest selling game worldwide on any platform is actually "Sims" where you do not get to blow up, gut or kill anyone people seem to think pandering to bloodthirsty teenagers is good marketing.

Personally my main objection is the more blood and gore you add the more pain in the butt immature brats, trolls and hackers will want to play - ruining the game for everyone else.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

Have I mentioned we also want mules and squirrels?

Both life like animated when shot?

Old 08-31-2010, 01:38 PM
Approved Member

One of the Norwegian Spitfire pilots flying for RAF (No 331 and 332 Squ) wrote after the war that shooting up horse drawn vehicles was what got to him the most. Humans could always jump off, take cover, shoot back or whatever, but the poor horses had never hurt anyone and was trapped in their harness. Whenever he had had dreams about flying, it was always about the horses.

Visit No 79 Squadron vRAF

Petter Bøckman
Norway
Old 08-31-2010, 02:46 PM
Approved Member

While were at it why don't we include some ambulances and red cross vehicles and railway carriages. There should be some no-shoot objects in the game. They could be set up to give negative points and court martials in our mission debriefings.

Also give you that nasty sinking feeling when you missidentify your target.

Quote:
One of the Norwegian Spitfire pilots flying for RAF (No 331 and 332 Squ) wrote after the war that shooting up horse drawn vehicles was what got to him the most. Humans could always jump off, take cover, shoot back or whatever, but the poor horses had never hurt anyone and was trapped in their harness. Whenever he had had dreams about flying, it was always about the horses.
As an aside, durring World War I the one of the last things the many of the Australian Light Horse soldiers had to do before they left the middle east was shoot their horses. They couldn't be brought back home and they didn't want to leave them in unkind hands. Even though it bought war-hardened men to tears they generally chose to do the job themselves as a sign of respect for their mounts and as a chance to say a last good bye.

Cheers!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 08-31-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:20 PM
Approved Member

On a positive note if horses were included there might be an opportunity for a western SOW addon, Custer's last stand maybe?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:31 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTE_Galway View Post
There are plenty of xbox games where blood thirsty kiddies get to wander around chainsawing limbs off dead corpses. They are generally the same brats that flame people in online forums and start fights in online game servers.

There is a perception that this is "what the market wants" partly because online game reviews are written by the same immature brats. Hence even though the biggest selling game worldwide on any platform is actually "Sims" where you do not get to blow up, gut or kill anyone people seem to think pandering to bloodthirsty teenagers is good marketing.

Personally my main objection is the more blood and gore you add the more pain in the butt immature brats, trolls and hackers will want to play - ruining the game for everyone else.
I'm not sure about sims but do they have WW2 aircraft armed to the teeth whos whole purpose is to kill and destroy. I'm simply saying War is ugly and your trying to make it a little cute fuzzy thing. Have some respect the men who fought and died in all Wars and show it like it is to the best of your capabilities or don't show it at all. Maybe you should go play Sims instead or I'm sure there are other flight sims where all they do is wave at each other.War is violent play it like you mean it or don't play a war simulator. IMHO I'm not asking for chainsaws or anything else that wasn't part of WW2. I'm simply saying if the game developers are trying to create an emersive WW2 sim why not make it an option to turn down the gore. By the way War is gory.

Last edited by Hunden; 08-31-2010 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:43 PM
Approved Member

Hunden - you're one of the guys who continue shooting up the other plane even if is burning or has a dead engine, right?
Old 08-31-2010, 03:47 PM
Approved Member

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss View Post
Hunden - you're one of the guys who continue shooting up the other plane even if is burning or has a dead engine, right?
Yes, just making sure. btw I don't play on line I'm basicly off line.

Last edited by Hunden; 08-31-2010 at 04:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

It is better to concentrate on the simulation of the technics, that is for everybody.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:05 PM
Approved Member

OK, Hunden just cracked me lol. My sick sense of humor I guess.

As someone else mentioned, trying to get horse animations right would be a serious development and maybe frame rate issue.

I have no problem with shooting at another simulated pilot because I figure he strapped on his simulated plane the same way I did . But in my own game, I would draw a line before shooting horses. Humans tend to bring their troubles on themselves or at least have choices. Animals, not so much. I didn't even like shooting the dogs in the original Wolfenstein lol.

That's why I don't hunt. I will eat anything YOU kill and I know where the meat from my grocery store comes from, I just don't want to be the one pulling the trigger on an animal. But a human breaking into my house is in serious trouble .

Now where did I put my skirt.....

Splitter