Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-06-2010, 11:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
Anytime a thread progresses towards discussions of piracy and preventative measures the real pirates start jumping on. We have all read the usual verbiage = I'm not going to buy anything with software protection,etc.

There are plenty of people spewing and noising against protection from piracy methods. Yet, right now this instance on the torrent applications there are over 1 million thieves every hour of every day on every torrent application stealing software, music, videos and other media.

Anyone that thinks there isn't a problem with thieves is probably one of those million plus...
I do not think anyone is arguing in favor of piracy. Its more a comment on the stupidity of some corporate reactions to the problem.

The real life equivalent of some recent DRM schemes would be opening a supermarket that required customers to go through the equivalent of airport style security and customs every time they entered or left the store in order to reduce pilferage in the snack aisles

By sheer coincidence one of the women at work only yesterday told me she decided not to buy a game for her children that we had been discussing because the shop attendant in the games store said "don't buy that one we get people bringing them back because you need to connect your kids computer to the internet before they can play".

It's not just crazy anti-DRM activists making idle threats about boycotting these titles it has a real effect on sales.
Old 09-06-2010, 11:40 PM
Global Moderator

I wasn't pointing the finger at anyone.

I really don't care what Oleg does to protect SOW. I trust him to make choices that are good for all of us.(including his interests) He knows the issues, he's heard it all by now.

A thief is a thief if he only steals a penny or 10,000. Stealing media is stealing, even if it is faciliated by downloads, and poorly prosecuted as a crime.

I guess some us need Pinochio's best friend (a cricket) to remind us of doing right or wrong.

Last edited by nearmiss; 09-06-2010 at 11:51 PM.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post

I really don't care what Oleg does to protect SOW. I trust him to make choices that are good for all of us.
It is not really up to him. It is the distributors call.