Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:10 AM
Approved Member

Default Il2

I just checked Hyperlobby and on a Thursday morning over 200 people are playing IL2 online, not bad for a game thats 10 years old eh?

I would think not many, if any games have had such a long and popular life.

Quite a achievement i think.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:14 PM
Approved Member

S!

Did they not sing years ago that the radio killed the rock 'n roll star? Well, rock is still alive and kicking
Old 08-26-2010, 09:04 PM
Approved Member

I remember not long ago when close to a thousand would be online. Now-a-days I've not come across more than 300 online at one time. I've had to make myself content with offline play.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romanator21 View Post
I remember not long ago when close to a thousand would be online. Now-a-days I've not come across more than 300 online at one time. I've had to make myself content with offline play.
Well, thats one reason why there are not more players online!
Offline just isn't a solution.
Old 08-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

well...its midnight now...and i still see 400 people flying
Old 08-27-2010, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Depends on timezone. Anyway, as long as I see that servers can reach up to 60 players in the evening, I'm not too concerned.

If offliner would come fight something else than the AI, that would be great too.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:14 AM
Tree_UK

some great Pilots and dogfights in Spits v 109's, had real fun the last few nights.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:24 AM
Approved Member

I solely fly in Warbirds of Prey servers. Spit vs 109 has been the primary server for pilots lately. I dont know why the pacific server lost all its pilots. But its a great server and good maps.

You have to take into account that not everyone uses HL. Me personally use xfire so the number of pilots on HL + other server browsers make Il2 rather popular.

Its a great game and the mods have stretched the life cycle and I think Il2 will played online beyond the release of SoW. Virtual pilots will probably want to fly other arenas than BoB until the SoW series expand.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:42 AM
Approved Member

You must take into account that out of those 200-300 players on HL, more than 50 are empty hosts.

I've been trying in vain to recruit a few sticks to teach them fullreal teamflying and accurate bombing for a year now. Back in 2004 folks were very eager in joining squads. It's the steady decline in seriously interested players that bothers me. All in all, we do struggle in a slow downhill trend.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG27_PapaFly View Post
You must take into account that out of those 200-300 players on HL, more than 50 are empty hosts.

I've been trying in vain to recruit a few sticks to teach them fullreal teamflying and accurate bombing for a year now. Back in 2004 folks were very eager in joining squads. It's the steady decline in seriously interested players that bothers me. All in all, we do struggle in a slow downhill trend.
Correct.

And about 25% more players join via x-fire or other alternatives, because they thought HL had been abandoned, when it was no longer developed.

Beyond that, Thrusday is not a good test to see how many players play a game. Come back over the weekend and you'll see some pleasant surprises.