Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
I have never quoted anything from that list.
If you say so.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airmalik View Post
Very interesting technology. Thanks for posting.
A number of games in the 90ties like Outcast or multiple Nova Logic games already used Voxel graphics. They looked very well compared to contemporary titles but this technology disappeared quickly with the advent of 3D hardware acceleration and generally more powerful PCs. This might be useful for low performance platforms but I doubt it will come back on the PC.
Old 08-26-2010, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

Just to clarfiy one point this is not a voxel graphics SDK. This is software that does use point cloud data but the real development they claim to have made is the algorithm that renders the individual points.

It's an interesting development but far from being the next step in producing CG geometery..Nice find tho tiger i'll be keeping a look out for a trail version of the SDK when and if it's completed. Don't chuck your graphics cards away yet

Last edited by leggit; 08-26-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leggit View Post
Just to clarfiy one point this is not a voxel graphics SDK. This is software that does use point cloud data but the real development they claim to have made is the algorithm that renders the individual points.

It's an interesting development but far from being the next step in producing CG geometery..Nice find tho tiger i'll be keeping a look out for a trail version of the SDK when and if it's completed. Don't chuck your graphics cards away yet
Good advice! Better go a dig my Nvidia 480 back out of the rubbish bin!

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 08-27-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I have never quoted anything from that list.

I forgot a complaint that you have never used...

"With Oleg focusing on useless details like moving grass, its obvious that Oleg has become lost in his own little world, and Ubi had to pull their support."

OR

"With Oleg focusing on details like moving grass, I can tell that SoW will not be a very good Combat simulator...and the damage model will be under developed."

Old 08-27-2010, 06:06 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by proton45 View Post
I forgot a complaint that you have never used...

"With Oleg focusing on useless details like moving grass, its obvious that Oleg has become lost in his own little world, and Ubi had to pull their support."

OR

"With Oleg focusing on details like moving grass, I can tell that SoW will not be a very good Combat simulator...and the damage model will be under developed."

What? I have never ever mentioned anything about moving grass, what the feck is wrong with you people.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
What? I have never ever mentioned anything about moving grass, what the feck is wrong with you people.
I said you never used them....
Old 08-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skoshi Tiger View Post
Apparently it's all out of date according to this article.

http://www.atomicmpc.com.au/Feature/...just-that.aspx

...and we will be playing hi def 3D games on our mobile phones all because of the power of Voxels!
Wow! The concept sure looks promising! Would be very interested to see a sample made by graphics professionals to showcase the true capabilities of Unlimited Detail's algorhytms in HD instead of just technology demos shown in their videos which explain the concept well but don't reveal what is the true potential in their technology.