Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 05-19-2010, 04:38 AM
Approved Member

Default Logitech G940 Software/Firmware Update 5.09

Thought I would paste this from the Logitech site for G940 owners

Hi All,

I was just notified that the latest software version has been uploaded to the Logitech site. Here is the URL to the location. Windows XP, Vista and 7, 32 and 64 bit versions.

Logitech G940 - Software update

What's new? quite a bit. Here's the summary. Please read everything. There is a firmware update as well. It is added as a file in the Logitech folders after installation.

New features of Logitech Gaming Software 5.09

I. Adjusting force feedback settings for your game.

Games with force feedback control the forces transmitted to the G940 stick. However, you can adjust the overall level of the forces, and add a centering spring to any game.

You can adjust the levels of forces for a game by changing the settings for each game profile. This lets you customize how the controls feel for each game. When the game loads, the profile adjusts the forces automatically.
To adjust the forces, follow these steps.

1. Open Logitech Profiler
2. Select a Game profile
3. Click Menu item "Edit"
4. Click "Specific Game Settings". A window will open.

This window allows you to adjust Overall force, Spring effect and damper effect force levels. Hover the mouse over each force adjustment for a description.

Checking the "Enable Centering Spring Strength" box will turn on a centering spring, whether the game has one or not. The force of the spring can be adjusted. Note that turning the spring all the way up will mask most other forces in a game.

II. Adjusting axis response

With Logitech Gaming Software 5.09, you can now adjust the responsiveness of the 12 non-force feedback axes. This adjustment changes how sensitive the axis is to movement. To change settings:

1. Open Logitech Profiler
2. Click Menu item “Device”
3. Click “Game Controllers”. A list of installed controllers will appear
4. Click the controller you want to adjust – example: Logitech G940 Joystick
5. Click “Properties”. The Test window will appear.
6. Click “Settings”. The settings window will appear.
7. Click the button marked “Hysteresis”. (If the button is grayed-out, the G940 needs a firmware update. Click the button to go to instructions and the new firmware updater.)
8. A new window will appear. It contains sliding adjustments for each axis. They are set at default settings, but can be adjusted. A lower number indicated more responsiveness. In some games setting the number too low will cause the axis to become jittery and unstable. If this happens, adjust the number higher until the axis is stable. You can reset all the axes by clicking “Default”
9. Click OK to close the window, and close the other windows.

III. Updating the Logitech G940 Firmware

We’ve updated the firmware of the G940 to improve force feedback response, and allow for adjustability of axis response. To update your firmware to the new version, follow these instructions:

1. Close all running applications
2. Connect Flight System G940, with throttle and rudder pedals attached, to PC USB connection. Do not connect through an external USB hub.
3. Go to C:\Program Files\Logitech\Gaming Software\FW\
4. Double click G940_Updater.exe to start the updater. Windows 7 users should right click and choose Run as administrator.
5. The updater will erase the firmware, then wait while Windows redetects the stick, then write the new firmware. Once it it is finished, you will be prompted to press enter to close the application.
6. In some PCs the updater may freeze. If the updater freezes for more than 30 seconds. DO NOT WORRY. Close the program (click X in the upper right corner) and then restart the updater. It will complete the process.

The firmware update improves the centering response, and reduces the looseness in the center. it was also adjusted to hold the stick straighter when you take off your hand and the dead-man switch engages.

IV. Printing profiles: we improved the profile printer. The colors were changed to improve black and white printing, and command name lengths have been lengthened.

Thank you for your patience in waiting for this update.
Mark Starrett
Global Product Marketing Manager
Logitech
Old 05-19-2010, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

And indeed it does improve the sloppiness in the center a lot which was my only complaint before!

/Mazex
Old 05-19-2010, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

I think that all the issues that i have detected have dissapear

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 05-20-2010, 03:46 AM
Approved Member

Can anyone confirm or deny if the reversal bug is fixed?
Old 05-20-2010, 11:11 AM
Approved Member

Just this week replaced my Saitek X52 for the Logitech G940, so this couldn't come at a better time.

Thanks for the post Frenchfly.

Regards.
Old 09-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Approved Member

Exclamation Logitech G940 new SW

New driver V. 5.10.

If you can't find it at G940 support page, give G25|G27 support page a try.

greez mugen
Old 09-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Approved Member

So now this is better force feed back than Microsoft FFB2?
Old 09-04-2010, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

someone have tested 5.10 drivers?

Youtube Profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/E69Qpassa
Old 09-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Approved Member

no changes at all - IMHO.
Old 09-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Approved Member

I don't even have the G940 but my friend does so I was just looking into this so I could give him a link. There seems to be some confusion concerning this update.

The original poster (frenchfly) says the new update is version 5.09. However, later in this thread, mugen posts a link for a version 5.10 update. This is where the problem seems to arise. If you go to that link, you will see it's the Logitech support forum where one of the 'Logi Product Team' members has posted a notice about an 'LGS 5.10' update. If you read some of the comments, people cannot find it where it should be.

If you go to the G940 downloads page, there is no 5.10 to download. The latest driver version is 5.09.131, posted on 05/18/2010. So, even the latest 5.09 update is not 'new'.

So.....I would like to ask frenchfly (who originally posted the update information) if he actually downloaded this 'new' update or simply posted the info. If he did download the 'new' update, then maybe he could post a link? Thank you.

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1