Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-02-2010, 10:34 PM
Approved Member

Default 65 years ago.

Well since it is over midnight now its 65 years and a day ago since the WW2 ended.
Today we strut and fret over the questions of animated dead horses and airmen.

Have a look at the real life of the real heroes that this air war simulator is trying to replicate and feel perhaps a little bit ashamed.

Viking

Old 09-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Approved Member

Well said and thanks for the video!

Sometimes we should take a step back and think about how lucky we are that we have not have to live through an event like either of the world wars.

Two months ago I went on a walking trip along the Kokoda Track in New Guinea. My Father served there during '42 and this was a chance to see some of the battle field where he served.

As a relatively healthy 45 year old it was a constant struggle for me to just walk the track. How these men fought a war there is beyond me.

I personally know one of the vererans that walked from the battle site at Brigade Hill to Owers corner (the limit of vehicle access to the track) with four machine gun rounds through the chest. He had a punctured lung and diaphram, and another round went up through his shoulder. Every time he felt as though he couldn't breath, he'd close his mouth, pinch his nose and exhale forcing the froth out the bullet holes.

It took him four and a half days to make the distance on his own, he was not wounded badly enough to warrent a stretcher.

Before I went on my walk, I had alot of respect for these veterans and knew what they'd gone though would have been hard. Since doing the trek my respect for these men cannot be measured.

Just living through what these men experienced with spirt and mind intact is in my opinion, just short of miraculous.

Cheers and thanks.

Last edited by Skoshi Tiger; 09-04-2010 at 12:09 AM.