Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Approved Member

Default SOW Sound models

Just wondering if aircraft in BOB will have their own sound models, instead of a generic list as in IL2. Example would be the slats banging open on the 109, or the DB engine's start up sequence. I'm sure other aircraft also had distinctive noises. Any thoughts?
Old 09-01-2010, 10:00 AM
Approved Member

I guess you mean the sounds, no the sound-modelling / engine?

IL2 also had different sounds depending on engine, RPM and other things. It's not always easy to find the difference, though if you don't have the adequate sound-equipment.
The things that share the same sounds are flaps, airbrakes and gears. I bet there will be much more detail in this regard and the best thing, you will notice it. Oleg stated a long time ago, that SOW will have sounds more tuned to hardware most users have: Onboard soundchips with emulated EAX on stereo instead of sophisticated soundcards and 5.1.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Approved Member

Guess I wasn't to clear about what I meant. The 109's flaps were operated by a chain system operated by turning a wheel in the cockpit and not electrically as the sounds in il2 would have us believe, so I'm asking will sounds like this be modelled per plane or by some overall sound plan....