Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:01 PM
Approved Member

So....does anyone know when it will be released?

Feel free to answer here, or I can just start another thread.

On second thought, maybe I'll just do that anyway.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Global Moderator

No one knows, or if they do they aren't saying.

This site is the pipe to the developer... so you'll get the information first here, when it is available.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by robtek View Post
The Question i answered was: "How many threads........... are needed?"
Of course it's no harm asking when it's ready, but it's rather pointless, me thinks.
Just like kids on the backseat: are we there yet?
Why is it pointless? Really? People have spent the last 2 months on this forum arguing about the current situation with this sim and about when we can expect to see it. With the greatest respect I really can't see why some people are getting so worked up about asking Oleg for information.

Your point seems to be that it won't make the game come out any faster. I agree. But that was never the reason for asking. It's solely a request for information. Are you people really saying that you're not interested?? or are you just affecting cool indifference?

Feuerfalke, it's not a sign of disrespect to Oleg. Obviously this is a MUCH bigger deal for the developers than for any of us. No-one is being disrespectful to Oleg or making demands as to what he should do, or passing judgement. I'm not anyway. God knows the stress and sweat that has gone into getting this sim to this stage over all these years.

But it seems obvious, I think, that the schedule has unfortunately slipped once again. That's not a criticism or a whinge by the way - just an acknowledgement that in the real world even the best laid plans sometimes don't work out. I (like the rest of us) have been keeping my fingers crossed for months that we'd see this thing by September.

If, as seems likely, that isn't to be the case it really is not that big a deal. We can all wait a bit longer and continue to support this great sim.

But, really, what is the problem about respectfully asking the only people who really know?

edit: now that a request for info has been made (thanks Tree) I agree it is up to the developers to choose whether they feel the time is right. I acknowledge that they may have good reasons for deciding not to. Given that, I won't be commenting on this subject any more. Respect.

Last edited by kendo65; 08-30-2010 at 09:50 PM.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:38 PM
Global Moderator

Oleg has learned the hard way. He decided long ago to only release information about releases on his schedule.

Everyone can whine, complain and rant until they have blue faces. It won't change anything.

I'm not relating to anyone specifically. Everyone, including myself, would love to read news of the SOW "gone gold".

Best solution I can think of --- find something else to do and only drop by every day or so. Read a few posts that might relate and move onto something else that is more productive. You can't change things by posting complaints or other disappointments.

The TD will probably be releasing the 4.10 soon. I can tell from the list of stuff they have prepared it will definitely be an improved IL2. The IL2 is still the best WW2 air combat flight simulation game available. It's not a dog by any means, it's just not up to the newer standards we are looking forward to in SOW.
Old 08-31-2010, 01:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
Obviously what you are saying is correct Robtek, however I personally see no harm in asking the question over and over and over and over or even having an interest in the development stage, Oleg has never stated at any time that 'its done when its done', he has always hinted release dates such as the more recent September BOB anniversary, so continually asking the question , over and over , crying crying and crying , and whining and whining and whining in every thread and then yet again asking the question of whether we are on course for this or maybe slighty later is not entirely unreasonable.
***fixed****
Old 08-31-2010, 09:23 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eries View Post
***fixed****
Maybe some of the people who accuse others of whining should try reading their own posts once in a while...

then reconsider who is actually whining.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:45 AM
Approved Member

As far as I can tell everything is on track for the 75th anniversary. I don't see what the problem is.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:24 AM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eries View Post
***fixed****
Please dont edit my post Eries, I have pm'd you about this and have asked you to pm all your snide childish comments to me directly, the forum users shouldn't have to read your bitter childish crap, personally i find it slightly entertaining, however when you consider that you have only made 50 posts since joining this forum and well over half of them are directed to me or in response to my posts you have to wonder why you are here at all? I will pm you my address if you wish so you can stalk me properly, or alternatively you could always feck off. No offence of course.

****Twat****

Last edited by Tree_UK; 08-31-2010 at 06:17 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
No one knows, or if they do they aren't saying.

This site is the pipe to the developer... so you'll get the information first here, when it is available.

I know. My post was tongue-in-cheek considering the nature of this thread.

I have no expectations. It arrives when it arrives.
Old 08-31-2010, 03:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
No offence of course.